The Good HiE List 7,152 members · 462 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I know that it is probably a bit off-topic but I didn't know where to post my question. I've almost finished making a pretty quick python script for downloading multiple stories at once... but then I found out that I should have used the official API:facehoof:

Now I have a dilemma whether I should release this script or not. It may get me or a user in trouble. It is mostly using very little resources but it's better to be safe than sorry. What do you think? These are the functions:
- it can download stories from a public or unlisted bookshelf, a folder in a group and probably even the home page (i didn't test the last option, but theoretically speaking, it should work);
- you can specify if you want to download only the current page or all the pages starting from the current one;
- you can choose which file format you want (it just uses the files from the site).

Calibre can already do bulk downloads, and there are several site scrapers running, so you probably wouldn't cause too much grief.

You gonna post a link or summing when you finish it, right?

Yes. I'll leave a comment here after I work a few bugs out.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5