Dragon Age Fanfiction And More 60 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Well Dragon Age Inquisition has now been out for a while, and already many have played and completed it according to YouTube, so what's everyone's opinions on Inquisition? Is it everything you hoped for? Was it a let down? Is it everything you expected or did it exceed expectations, or possibly disappoint? Start a discussion in the comments below, and express your opinions in full. Long live the Inquisition!

Well I haven't played it yet. That's my Christmas gift...so...yeah. But from what I've seen so far at youtube on gameplay (Just a bit. I don't want to get too spoiled of it.) I'm looking forward to it.

WolfWords
Group Admin

it was not too bad

I liked it. The twist at the end was confusing and only made sense when the dlc came out (which I have mixed feelings about bioware doing this recently but I blame EA for the most part on this), Combat felt better than it has in either of the previous games (heresy to some, I know) and had a good flow to it, the game was rarely buggy or crashed for me, so that's a bonus. Party characters... well I liked some more than others (looking at you vivienne) but kept them all around solely for having them all. But each one felt like a genuine character and had great personality. Story wise it felt important (unlike 2 which kinda felt like we weren't doing jack shit for the whole game until the ending). And it felt like it had urgency to it. Kinda.
Now I'm going to say something positive about the Trespasser dlc in a second so in the off chance you haven't played it yet, don't reveal the spoiler.
In Trespasser, some people complained about how hard the Qunari are, I think this was a great thing to have them be so hard looking back at it. It really establishes about big of a threat they are to Thedas. I mean if you, the big bad Inquisitor, are having trouble with them, imagine how difficult that would be for the average foot soldier in any other army in Thedas. It really shows how that a lot of what the Qunari say about the south not wanting to mess with them isn't just hot air, they are a deadly force that shouldn't be trifled with. That being said, the Saarebas fight was perhaps a bit too hard.
Now for the issues.
Pre-Tresspasser patch certain classes were ridiculously OP *cough*knight-enchanter*cough*, while this was fixed I'm surprised that this wasn't caught in the first place. I was able to solo a dragon about 5 levels higher than me at one point.
Crafting system was/is a bit broken, it's easy to just get enough high level materials quickly and construct your ultimate weapon of death and destruction and then never even consider equipping another piece of gear through the whole game. Plus, while there was quite the variety of fancy looking swords, shields, staffs, and daggers, there weren't a whole ton of unique bow skins so far as I could tell. This is a bit odd as there is such a variety of other unique weapon skins available that it seems like it wouldn't have been to hard to make maybe even just a few more to add to the game.
The length of certain War Table missions was also a big thing that I didn't like. 2-3 hours? Okay I can just play for a bit and maybe go do something else and come back. But fucking hell, 10 hours? 15 hours? Fucking 24 hours?! That is just insane! And speaking of war table missions, I would have liked it if the people I sent out to gather resources came back with more than a few pieces of elfroot and enough minerals to fill a single bucket.
Now I mentioned that the story kinda had urgency, and it does, but that urgency relies solely on the player pushing forward to make it happen. I waited literally until I was sure I'd done a huge chunk of side quests in the rest of the game before I even went to take care of the Grey Wardens. And there were no negative consequences to this. Guess they were just waiting for one guy to get back from the bathroom to start slitting throats.

Alright, that's all I can think of at the moment for criticisms and positives.

what do you think of Vivienne in dragon age inquisition to the true ending anyone

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6