Romance is Magic! 1,723 members · 5,383 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I have an idea for a story, but I've never writen romance before. If you think you can help me, please pm me.

A Pegasus stallion gets transferred from the Manehatten weather control division to the Ponyville division. He has to go from living alone in gray, serious Manehatten, to happy, bright Ponyville. Everything in Ponyville doesn't make sense to him (powers of friendship, Pinkie sense, etc.) so he tries to prove they're fake. He follows the Zebra witch (that everyone is scared of for some reason) home and she returns early, causing him to bump into her ingredient shelfs and they fall off the shelf and onto him. He runs back to Ponyville to wash off the ingredients, but they all combine together to create a new, "mutant" spell. Which is like love poison, and poison joke mixed together. Everyday, he'll receive different poison joke-esque symptoms until he can find love, Rose, who is very introverted (not shy, mind you), and kind of superstitious, she's meant to be the pretty village girl who every guy wants, but she ignores him. But, this isn't a fairytale and Rose is much more than just a pretty girl. The story is meant to be if a fairytale and romance met, and as such, I really want to avoid demonizing one side. The lesson shouldn't be "abandon rational thinking and believe in fairytales", neither should it be "fairytales are stupid" I want to find a balence between the two.

Princess Glitzy
Group Admin

3284125 I have a few things to say. First, I hope you realize that this idea has been done before. Most likely, people will label it as a ponified version, as opposed to an original story. If you're okay with receiving that kind of view for your story, then you are fine. Second, I cannot help you for multiple reasons. I'm really bad in groups and tend to dominate. Also, I'm bad at romance, too. Third, I wouldn't just randomly choose a person, either. I would find a fews authors that you think could, and would be willing to, help with your story and then send them a PM. I wouldn't put your story into some stranger's hands, even if they claim that they could help. Fourth, you could just get a pre-reader. So, you would write a chapter and then give it to your pre-reader to look over. Then, they tell you what's wrong with the plot, dialogue etc. This allows you to get a good idea of how your reader would feel. You just keep reworking it until your pre-reader is content with the job you've done. The final step would be to let it out to the public and hope they enjoy.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2