The Pack 67 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

We can use a thread to help people who want to write stories with D-Dogs as the primary focus. They can come here to talk about their ideas and we can help sort them out.

Here is a terribly unoriginal idea but I figure I'd type it out before I convince myself that it's terrible.

Title:Mystery of the Vanishing Puppies and 101 Reasons Why I Hate Rarity

The 101 in the title probably gives everything away right off the bat. Yes its 101 Dalmatians with Diamond Dogs (and two unicorns)

Sweetie Belle is driven by pure curiosity to venture into Diamond Dog territory as her sister once did after hearing an exaggerated tale from Spike. She runs into a puppy and after a less than spectacular and somewhat frightening introduction, they somehow manage to become "kinda sorta friends". Both curious about the other and their respective societies, their perspectives are colored the words of their elders yet both are still young and innocent enough to not see each other as enemies. Despite this neither of them want to be found out so they keep the meeting to themselves but as the days go by, start hanging out more and more. Eventually the secret leaks and 15 puppies in total have suddenly formed into Sweetie Belle's first fanclub. While all of the adults are out doing their digging the puppies decide they want to show the little unicorn their special meeting place.

The problem comes in the form of trolls that have recently moved into the area fresh out of the badlands and en route to Ponyville to raid and maybe get a bite to eat (mmm pony burgers) They've taken residence in the puppies meeting place and immediately capture everyone (save for possibly one). They are planning on eating them all until one of the trolls tells the others just how fine Diamond Dog puppy fur is and that she knows someone who'd pay a ton of gold for so many skins. The unicorn is an added bonus, just keep it from doing magic and she'd make a fine pet.

After that the story is basically The Diamond Dogs and Rarity on a journey to save the kids! Probably told from the perspective of Rover. Spike may also come along since he views himself as Rarities protector and feels bad about getting Sweetie into trouble.

What if the diamond dogs we know from the show are the outcastes of their society? I often wondered what if their home country is in such dire straits (i.e. from war, dragons, famine, sickness) that they were forced to exile the mentally and physically deformed members of their homeland. where they soon ended up in equestria. I thought of doing a sort of rise of the diamond dogs story, where after centuries of bloodshed and famine they are lead into an age of industry (maybe a human I'm not sure) that begins to threaten many equestrians way of life as their machines make many special talents obsolete and the influx of new mass produced goods (food, tools, metal, ect) threatens equestrias economic dominance/standing over other the surrounding countries. i also wanted to bring to light equestrias racism towards other species and the ponies fear of change/unknown.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3