PonyRiffs 59 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Glimglam
Group Admin

[Copy-pasted from the news blog]

Apologies for missing the last Mid-Month update folks, but I suppose I got rather distracted by other matters. :( But that's okay; I'll just add whatever updates that were due back then right now! April was a pretty great month for us riffers, I think. If you'd like to know more, then check out our Roundup after the break!

First up, the site has gone through a few changes over the past month. Many of them are cosmetic, but there were a few updates to the general structure of the site as well. For example, the riff series on the main Archive page are represented by their banner, rather than just boring old text. A search box (powered by FreeFind) was added, which should help make looking for specific riffs just a bit easier.

...Oh, and you know the site hit counter? Which was thiiiis close to reaching 5000 hits? I got rid of it. :P ...Okay, not completely. I replaced it with a better one, which will also keep track of the number of actual visitors to the site, not just hits. I found that, interestingly enough, whenever we would work on the site via the Weebly editor interface, it sort-of confused the old counter, and registered it as an illegitimate "hit." Since this new code is buried into the footer of the site, and only now registers "per vistor session", our editing binges shouldn't interfere with the counter anymore. Also, it's much less "in your face" than the older one. You might need to look carefully to see it though; it's tucked into the corner pretty well...

Many new sections have cropped up since the last update, and I'll take the time to list them out: Glitch Riffs, Atlas Riffs, Brony Nerd Theater 42,000, Sing Riffs, Norse Fic Ravagers, and, very recently, Drak Riffs (Lol, Fallen changed it while I was typing this us. XD Now it's "Drunken" Drak Riffs). You probably already know those by now, but what kind of a monthly roundup would this be if we didn't acknowledge them? Shame on you for assuming they weren't important enough to mention! SHAME, good sirs! No go give yourself forty lashes before reading on!

Also, I believe I've yet to mention in this news blog that our site has a FiMFiction group page. Well, what are you waiting for? Go join it already! [Note: Disregard this, you're already here. ;)] Feel free to use it as a "staging point" for active riffers, or for fans of the riffs and the archive to discuss things with each other and me. Hey, I can be sociable too! Don't think I'm THAT reclusive! :P And speaking of social groups, we also have a Steam group for MLP Riffers. You can find it here! Note that you can only get in by invite only, because it's meant for the riffers out there who have Steam. If you are a riffer, have Steam, and are not yet a part of the group, then shoot a message Fallen Prime's way. I'm sure he'll help you out. ;D (I might make a more public group for the Archive at some point, but only in anyone displays interest in it. I'd totally love to own you all in TF2, that much is certain. >:) )

On a somewhat last note, I've come to notice that Shoutbox has a tendency to... fritz, every now and again. I'm pretty sure it's just the Shoutbox host client experiencing downtime, but it kind of sucks that it's doing that. I've been thinking more heavily about creating an IRC client for the Archive, or at least something similar, but I'll have to see what can come of that. The ability for everyone to chat in real time on a singular channel is too good an idea to let slide... Be sure to keep tabs on any developments, however.

I'm afraid that's all the updates we have for now, but be sure to check back! There's still a long ways ahead of us...

-TheAuthorGl1m0

By the way, that bit I mentioned about thinking about adding an IRC function? I've already gone and done it. Jeez, I work quick when I want to. :twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1