A Afrika Korp officer

Beware the shorts-wearing Nazi:trollestia:
A US Marine at Guadalcanal

and a Soviet Commissar at Stalingrad

all get sent to Equestria and end up out in the desert near Appaloosa

...what do you guys think?:unsuresweetie:

Poodicus
Group Admin

As with all WW2 stories, I feel that they need to be done just right, otherwise it could come off as an insult to people who served [Enemies at the Gates/Pearl Harbor] (that's my own philosophy though, other people might think differently.), mine included. Should probably go re-write "Night of Days" but probably gonna stop writing MLP stuff soon.

On to your idea though-

- With the Afrika Korps troop, remember that he, along with other Afrika Korps, were far more disciplined than other German divisions. In other words, he wouldn't do typical things that the Germans were infamous for.

- For the American, depends how far into the battle it is. If I remember correctly it was the first land battle of the Pacific Campaign, so it would probably the first battle for many of the marines who fought there, so your character should probably not be as experienced as say, if he was fighting at Okinawa.

- With the Commissar, remember that they were rather infamous for shooting their own troops without hesitation as per orders of Executive Order 227 (Not One Step Backwards), and were normally trained to be brutal to both allies and enemies. Not to mention, the Commissar would probably kill the German the first chance he got, even if they are ponies.

- While the Commissar pony having a Cutie Mark related to war or NVKD somehow, try avoid having the German and American having war-related Cutie Marks. Try to come up with backgrounds to show that they were just regular people back home until the war erupted.

That's all I got at the moment.

Don't worry, if I do eventually do this. I'll keep the upmost respect for the vets in mind, I actually think of my greatgranparents died in the war:pinkiesad2:

The cutie mark thing was an attempt at a joke actually... and it failed apparently.
I don't plan on making them turn into ponies. They'll stay human

And what I was thinking is that the marine has to practically tackle the commissar and take his TT-33 to keep him from killinging the kraut

The similiar idea had been taken by Wenck Steiner; the story is 5-8 chapters already.
In his story: German officer fighting in France, Ardennes offense period, A British rifleman, in the same period, Free French, fighting in North Africa.

-The Commissar probably familiar with desert, Mongolia and Silk line.
-American, if he fought for long enough in Guadacanal, he probably a good survivor.
-The German officer, North Afrika...

If you ponify them, it wouldn't be good. The plot need to be good, worthy for reading and competitive, since Wenck Steiner already took that similiar thing, except his story is alt-universe.

And remember the golden rule, All German aren't nazi, but most nazi are German. (Hitler is Austrian)

I know of that story, i got the idea from it.

And I wouldn't ponify them

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5