World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Hello again guys! First off, thanks for your responses on my previous thread regarding the SS-Reichsfuhrer collar tabs.

Anyways, you know how some older pins/medals/badges have screw-on backs unlike the ones with pointed ends we know today?

Here's one example: https://www.amazon.com/Order-Alexander-Nevsky-Soviet-Russian/dp/B01AUWYIM8/ref=pd_ybh_a_39?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C7NHJ3Y6V7TR6MX1XH65

I've always wondered: how exactly do you pin these things on clothing?
As you can see, you clearly can't just stick it in like a modern lapel pin; not with a blunt tip like that. Do you have to make a hole in the clothing beforehand? If so, what do you use to make said hole? I've tried researching this, and can't seem to find a clear answer as to what needs to be done. Since you guys were a big help with my last thread, I thought I'd try turning to you guys again.

When I did reenactments, I had an Iron Cross with the screwback on my tunic. I had to take it to a tailor and have him put a hole in the pocket just big enough for the back to fit through. He also had to put two little slits for the pin on my Wound Badge so it didn't tear the fabric.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2