Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Hydkore
Group Admin

Let's expand this to cover other wars in past and future as well :trollestia:

OK I agree with that.

Poodicus
Group Admin

If you guys wish to discuss other wars besides the Second World War, I'm all for that.

Well my one of my grandfathers was in Vietnam and the other one was in Korea. We could talk about those.

Poodicus
Group Admin

Have a uncle who was in Vietnam, never really asked him about his experiences though...

Mine never wanted to talk about his you asked him he changed the subject.

Poodicus
Group Admin

Wouldn't doubt it, war is hell. My grandfather had just begun talking about his experiences in the Pacific and the stuff he saw shortly before he died. It sucks, because I was only six at the time and never really got to sit and listen tell his stories. He also didn't keep any of his stuff from the war from what I can tell, so nothing to really remember him by.

Do have a brother with a grandfather-in-law (if that's even a thing) that fought in Africa and Italy though, and kept some of his stuff, perhaps I can convince my brother to bribe his grandfather-in-law to give me his weapons when he dies, since from what I've seen of the family (briefly met them at one party that they had and I was invited to), they don't really care for the stuff. :derpytongue2:

Mine left his to my Grandma when he died.

I say having more than just ww2 is a good idea maybe this group could also include Fictional wars that have happened in equestria and such.:derpytongue2:

785145 All in favor say "aye".

Why World War 2? Because it deserves to be mentioned above every other war, ever. It does not deserve, nor is morally right to couple it with other wars. It's entirely unique, and something that shouldn't be classified as the rest. Humanity has never fought a war that meant so much to us all. The giant war between good and... lesser good.
Both sides doing what they can, for their own people, and for their honor. It would forever, ever, change the world according to what it came to.

That's why.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11