Momlestia 1,971 members · 528 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

First off, I just want to start by saying that if you see this in multiple places, it is not because of spam, but because I have an idea, and would rather post this where people who would be interested in it can use it rather than letting it go to the public.

I am not going to be doing this, so, why would I let the idea die with me? I was inspired to do this based on a story I heard on the news involving a sterile woman and her sister.

Story starts with Twilight, or Twilicorn, author’s pick, in the hospital from labor, and the doctors have to come in and share the bad news, it was a miscarriage, her second. Afterwards, she is a mess, to say the least, and shares her feelings with Princess Celestia who can’t console her.
The story continues, and mainly follows the stages of depression that follow her, the feelings of doubt and regret and etc. all in a near future ponyville in which the M6 have all began to settle down with their lives(not necessarily meaning they all are married or looking form men, but that they are more career oriented than adventure seeking).
Expand the story to show that she is married to a noble, who loves her so much that he gave up most of his fortune to live in ponyville with her, and that they have an adopted child, (Which, the only reason I would include a husband would be because “It takes two to tango”, and also an adopted child to show the direness of which they want to have a family.).
As Twilight goes through the stages of loss, a side story develops about a stranger in ponyville who is asking around everywhere about Twilight, and what they would do for her, who obviously has an ulterior motive to her reasons for living in Ponyville than what she says.
Story Progresses, Twilight finally moves on, and like before, She is summoned to Canterlot to visit her old mentor. While the two talk, Celestia mentions that a student of hers had made a theory long ago which was ridiculed at the time, but may help Twilight now. In said theory, her student theorized they could “take a piece of her, add a piece of him, and then put it into a willing mare, and would still be her foal.”
Twilight, while taken aback by the theory, is skeptical at first, stating, “who would want to volunteer to carry a pony that isn’t theirs?”
Promptly, Celestia produces a list of volunteers that had been compiled from Ponyville and who also know her and would volunteer for her… and you can guess who’s name is at the very top.

Take it, Leave it, I don’t care, I’m just offering it up there.
Also, I was wondering, for Momlestia can we only post specifically motherhood fics, or can we use motherly characters? (I was wondering if My story,” Just a Dream” would count because It has a motherly Celestia at several parts, but no actual mothering by definition.)

I like the idea you have setup friend but alas I cannot nuture your Idea into a beautiful tree, But I'll leave my complement for you if you will have it.:ajsmug:

I could such a decision by Celestia resulting in her wanting to mother her surrogate foal anyway. It turns into a divide between Twilight and Tia of who the "real" mother is. Is it the one who gave a piece of herself(a few pieces of genetic code), or the one who nurtured the growing body(carried a bit of parasitic flesh) for 11 months?

Solution? Two foals! One for everypony!

1822144 I am really shocked. I dont understand why people think this story is/ includes conflict between a surrogate and a biological mother. I saw a news special on a sister with 4 kids who volunteers herself for her sterile sister in law. I see this as a blessing that someone would do this, not a dilemma.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4