SlipperPutty and co. fanfic reviews. 13 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
SlipperPutty
Group Admin

Hey guys,

I'm going to post the story here for you guys to review before Sunday at 3 PM EST. The story for this review will be "The Lost Elements" by SpaghettiPie, which you can find here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/87096/the-lost-elements

Also, due to Spring Break I will not be able to produce an episode the week of March 10. So, if you guys have ideas as to how to produce a review for that week, please let me know. You could even pick the story early and work on the review throughout the week. I could give my input as a pre-reader and/or edit the video, and just have someone else write the complete script and then record that as a video. Again, we can talk about this and see what works for you guys. I'll be available to help, but I won't be able to produce the video since I won't be at my usual recording location.

SlipperPutty

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Will take a look over the weekend. If we picked a story early for the review on the 10th I could have a go at filling in for you? Have you got a link to the reviews you've done yourself so I could gauge the exact style?

SlipperPutty
Group Admin

751435 You could definitely fill in for me. It's great if you have a video camera, but even if you don't, you could just record your voice and it would be fine. The goal is simply to get an episode produced each week for consistency. We could pick the story this Sunday, which would give you a week.

I post all of my reviews on my YouTube channel of the same name, which you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SlipperPutty?feature=mhee If you want, I can also send you the scripts that I type up if you don't want to spend too much time just watching videos.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Checked the videos out, think I could do something similar recording wise, however the editing would be beyond me. If we picked something on Sunday that'd be great, give me time to record video in between uni work. As long as people won't be too shocked by an English accent I think it'll be fine.

OpalBerries
Group Admin

I'll give my review soon.

The main concern I have here is where will the video be posted, per say, when you're gone for a consistent amount of time, like this spring break. I'd be willing to edit, but I don't have a editing program. If you would kindly tell me of what you use, I'd be happy to 'help' myself in obtaining the program.

I'd also be glad to record my voice and stuff, but I don't have a webcam, so that will be a problem.

SlipperPutty
Group Admin

752094 It seems like you'd be a good candidate for recording the video. Would you want the rest of the team's comments on the story? And if you do, when would you like to have them? Also, it's not too much trouble for me to edit the video. You could email the video file(s) to me and I could edit them, with any specific things that you had in mind. Also, see my note about recording to OpalBerries below.

752208 We could still get them posted on my YouTube channel. If someone else edits the video, then they could just send me the finished video and I could post it, or I could give someone the password to my account (in a more secure way than this forum, of course). I think I'm going to let Pinkie Primus take charge of the recording, but if you both think that you could co-host the show together somehow, that would work as well; good communication is needed for that though. Also, I use Sony Vegas Pro, which is less user-friendly than Windows Movie Maker or iMovie, but if you want to get it, check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPfu1phAwvM You could still make a decent video with WMM or iM though.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Sure I'm down for working together, and comments would be helpful whenever possible.

OpalBerries
Group Admin

I have a skype that we might be able to discuss things through for a co-hosting;however I'm not sure how to record my voice. that might be something someone else might have to do.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

my skype is joesum_uk if you think it'd help.

Wargame
Group Admin

749682 I'd like to start by saying I should have the new opening for the videos done by the end of spring break, and I'll be available for video editing for that week as well.

753636 The best I can recommend for voice recording(if looking rather odd isn't a problem) would be a set of headphones, I use a set of Turtlebeach headphones I got for my xbox and they work great for voice recording.

753790 Skype's probably the best bet for sorting all of this out, its better to talk about these things in real time than on an internet forum, what time would everyone be universally available?

SlipperPutty
Group Admin

754722 If you want my input, I can be available around 2-4 on this Sunday. Most other times won't work during the regular week.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

I'm in GMT (5 or 6 hours ahead of America) and I should be available all this weekend.

OpalBerries
Group Admin

I'm Pacific time. I usually just talk into my computer; it has a built in microphone. Okay I'll leaving editing to Wargamebrony. I'm usually around during 6-10 Pm On weekdays. But since spring break, I should be available pretty much all day, unless life or whoever else has different plans. My skype is Chad.Leazion.

OpalBerries
Group Admin

753790 I searched and I got like 7 suggestions. I narrowed it down to 2 people. I'll just send it to who I think is you.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Didn't have a notification so I've added you. Bear in mind I'm not available right this minute as I have to make myself some food.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

754722 754799 755077
Gone through it, here is a link to the gDoc.

Please add more comments, respond to mine etc, I'm sure you know the drill...

OpalBerries
Group Admin

Okay, My comments are mixed in with Pinkie's, same link.

Wargame
Group Admin

Skype name:

RobertR1994

Comment posted by Wargame deleted Mar 3rd, 2013
Wargame
Group Admin

755878>>756683>>754799 Alright I'll be on around 10:30 pm Eastern time tonight.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

I'll be asleep, that's my 3:30 am

SlipperPutty
Group Admin

757093 I can be there, if you would add me; my skype is "slipperputty" as well.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23