RWBY Fan Club 700 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Jinn and Ambrosius

What do you think about them? Are they forgettable characters? Would you change them or keep them if you could dictate the show?

If you would change them, how would they look and act in your own vision?

The Relic Spirits feel like rip-offs of Gennie from Disney's Aladdin, and they're just here for exposition dumps than granting wishes, even this isn't part of Monty Oum's vision. If they can grant wishes, why not just wish them to bring Pyrrha back to life, break Salem's curse, and kill her before something goes horribly wrong? Even the Relics themselves were only portrayed as blatant MacGuffins, we need something new.

I would change not only the Relic Spirits, but remove the Relics, and replace them with prehistoric non-Grimm beasts, dinosaurs included, (more than four) with semblance and aura that feeds on Dust (even creatures like humans that harnessed Dust) and Grimm, and can be awakened by man's environmental destruction and the abuse of power, as a metaphor for a force of nature. This would add to the lore where the Dust and Grimm come from, but all we get are cliched humanoid Gods that acted like children in a sandbox instead of a functioning ecosystem.

Honestly, I would’ve kept the relics but made the spirits something more serious and maybe a little hostile to everyone.

Like Destruction would look like a warrior like Ares, Choice a two-faced god like Janus, Creation a doe Faunus, and Knowledge an elderly woman who wants nothing to do with mortals.

I'd keep jinn but get rid of the second spirit guy and rewrite all of volume 7 and 8 because those volumes were shit

I agree, but I’m thinking dose the other two relics have’s spirit?

I thought jinn was the only spirit so I'm assuming that's a yes

To be honest I think Jinn should of been the only spirit relic.

That's honestly what I assumed as well because there was nothing stating that there were any more

Yeah your right they never said there were more. Well I’m wagering the next spirit might be female and the last one be male. If there an Particular order.

I like them. Jinn is my favorite by a wide margin, but the guy is alright too. I think they're good for what they are. They're supposed to be background characters. It doesn't matter what their hopes & dreams are - if they even have any. I also like that they have limits from both a writing and a technical standpoint.

Let's not guess what Monty would or wouldn't have done. We can't exactly ask him. It's too easy to pin every minor gripe on feature/story creep.

I can't wait for the next season to get here. My only real gripe with the show atm is that episodes are so short. It made sense when it was a handful of guys working in a closet, but RWBY has serious manpower behind it now. I feel like we should get at least 22 minutes an episode. Anime manages it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10