RWBY Fan Club 700 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Atlas is well-known for their military strength. Unfortunately that does not translate to their intelligence agency which is at best, amateurish. In an agency full of corrupt individuals and recent Academy graduates who think they’re hot shit, there is one glimmer of hope.

That is Agent Janus Velo (One of my OCs because I couldn’t think of something). A hyper-lethal agent, one who had a background of arms dealing in Remnant’s Underworld, Aura-less. The man is known to have many skills, creative, unassuming, and manages to find ways to defeat people with Aura.

One day, General Ironwood received word that Blake Belladonna is going to attend Beacon Academy along with Weiss Schnee. He doesn’t understand why Ozpin would allow the Belladonna girl to attend, but he couldn’t take the risk.

Ozpin tries to convince Ironwood that everything is fine, bur Ironwood wasn’t moved. To compromise, they agreed to have one Atlesian personnel on Beacon to keep an eye on both Blake and Weiss.

After a mission, Agent Velo found himself shipped to Beacon ahead of the initiations. There, he quickly is acquainted with Glynda Goodwitch and along with him are construction workers to renovate the combat classroom.

He is to be the new combat instructor and with assistance from Ironwood, the combat class was renovated to suit his needs. That includes armored reinforcement on the walls and floors and an armory of weapons underneath the floors that can be activated to move to the surface.

When classes start, students are surprised to find their instructor is one without aura. In fact, he seemed very unassuming in his business suit and kind of boring. For a while, he didn’t actually let anyone fight but to take notes on fighting styles throughout history. First to voice their annoyance is Yang. (Yes I know most fics have Cardin challenging the professor and that’s getting boring.)

He has no problems and they spar. First 30 seconds the students are in awe as this man without aura does nothing but avoid all of Yang’s strikes. 31 second mark Yang freezes as the barrel of a short-barreled shotgun is aimed right on her forehead.

Velo: “12 gauge slug. Armored piercing. I don’t need to tell you Miss Xiao Long that at this range, it will cut your aura down to at least half now do I? Best to take a seat unless you want to find out how much it’ll hurt.”

Yang: “You think that’s gonna stop me?”

Velo: “No.” *Gestures at something behind her* “But that can.”

Yang looks back to see groups of small devices on the floor. Whatever it was, he’s been dropping them as he avoided her strikes.

Velo: “Explosives. Could be Incendiary. Could be Fragmentation. I’m sure you don’t wanna risk losing all that hair of yours. Just enough to send you into the red or the infirmary.”

The students learn that day that no matter who challenged him, he always had a plan. For Blake, she became intrigued with a person that can fight without aura. For Weiss, she’s offended like many students that they’re being schooled by someone auraless. For Velo, he understands that this generation of Huntsmen has this “Hero mentality” that he will gladly beat out of their mindsets. Maybe he should stay. Being a combat instructor is very enjoyable.

Now I imagine Janus Velo in this idea, not in my fic who is more like Adler from Call of Duty, to be a mixture of The Sommelier and Charon from the John Wick movies.

Gotta have that posh British voice. Also yes I had this idea from Kindergarten Cop. Instead of a cop, it’s a superspy.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1