Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
horizon
Group Contributor

Skywriter, I'm shocked. How DARE you listen to that forum troll (someone who joined less than three days ago, I should point out) who tried to tell you that Beowulf somehow has ANY claim to prominence against our beloved Mrs. H. How DARE you go so far as to CHANGE THE GROUP DESCRIPTION based on such a spurious argument. I DEMAND that if you are going to cave on such a whim that you resign your post as moderator and let Skywriter, who has repeatedly proven his dedication, step up.

Here are the simple facts:

1. NONE of Beowulf's so-called accomplishments were done under the oversight of any international governing sports authority, much less at a controlled and sanctioned sporting event such as the IEG. In fact, as Lauren Faust mentioned in a tweet (I can't find the link but I'm sure someone can post a screenshot), Dragon Slaying was BANNED from the IEG even before Luna's banishment, which means that at the time of Beowulf's prancing around he was engaging in an illegal sport.

2. Miss Harshwhinny has gone through greater dangers and travails and misery than Beowulf will ever have to endure. Even if we limit ourselves to the misery she suffered onscreen, seriously, look: Abandoned at a train station, splashed with a mud puddle, enduring the prattling of a Mustangian halfwit, and to top it off, a sub-par spa treatment. Come on, Beowulf is treated in ways that would make Rarity envious: he's handed a magic sword and gets to lie around doing nothing for a few days before stabbing the dragon, and then goes and makes sweet snoo-snoo with the dragon's mother.

... that gives me an idea for a Harshwhinny story actually, be right back.

Okay, moving on.

3. The entire story of Beowulf has no ponies.

Basically what I'm saying is: I will put ANY fanfic in this group up against this so-called "classic of Western literature" that couldn't classic its way out of a Western. Harshwhinny can't help but outshine him.

Plus she is cute as a button.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Okay, you got me. I'm abdicating moderation of the group to Skywriter. But I'll warn you, I don't think he'll be able to change the description, as he is unable to figure out how to edit things, bless him.

Skywriter
Group Admin

What's Beowulf's cutie mark? I searched the internet and cannot find it anywhere.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Beowulf isn't a pony.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I don't understand.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6