Dragon's Hoard 654 members · 580 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Metal Pony Fan
Group Admin

I won't name names, but here have been a couple stories posted to the group that didn't follow the posting rules. Specifically, the "post in one folder" and "no mature fics" rules. There are reasons for them. "Post in one folder" is to help keep things organized and helpreaders find stories they may be interested in. "No mature fics" is to keep out a particular subset of fanfiction(I think everyone knows what I'm referring to).

That said, what do you think? Do you think the rules are fair? Did you even read them? Do they not apply to you because you aren't posting stories? Do you think there should be changes? If so, what should change? I may not make any changes, but I want to know what you think.

Cold Spike
Group Contributor

Do you mean some clop fics made it in? I don't have any issues with fics that have the 'sex' tag or even the 'mature' tag. I mean a mature fic doesn't always have to do with sex... though when Mature + Gore are combined its usually a bad sign :pinkiegasp:

I think that the rules are fair as they are, though the "one folder" rule can be a challenge at times if the story falls into more than one category. The fact that some stories are posted in multiple folders may not always be the writers fault. For example, the fic I have posted in this group was originally posted somewhere that didn't apply to it, a problem that I got sorted out as quick as I could. Writers may post the stories in a folder, and then a fan of the story may post it in the same folder or a different one, believing that they are the first to do so (or something along those lines). Check (if you can) to see if the story, when posted again, was either by the writer or a reader. That should solve that problem.

As for the "mature" issue, I believe that, in this case, a mature rated fic may be allowed, if it isn't specifically clop. I assume that this is what you are trying to avoid having in this group, and I agree, this isn't the type of group to house such stories. However, if the "mature" scene in the story isn't namely the entirety of the story, or if it is a contributing part of the plot, then it should be allowed, assuming that it isn't too graphic (I like to assume things). As it is, though, your guidelines are very fair, and there shouldn't be too many changes necessary.

And that, dear Mr. Pony Fan, is all I have to say about that.:moustache:

Metal Pony Fan
Group Admin

975988 There were actually multiple stories that were mature, and they all had all three tags.

975988 I am keeping an eye on that now, if a story is posted by two different people, I'll keep the version added by the author. I also updated the rules to make it easier to tell where stories go.

As far as mature fics, that's pretty much the idea. I am working on a story now that may have to have the mature tag. It is a medieval era fantasy story, but there are scenes that, while I don't think they would need the sex or gore tags, I can't see them being fit for a teen rated story. The problem is how to tell. I don't usually have time to read fics, and I don't want to spend my time reading every mature fic to make sure it actually has a story. So, I'm debating a "Not for Hatchlings" folder.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4