The Jazzy Fillyfoolers 245 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 279 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 279

1737187 I am of the headcanon that Celestia and Luna are archmage-level as opposed to goddess-level. They may also have anti-aging magic. Badass? yes, but they can, at least in theory, be killed.

As for weather control: even if the pegasi control the weather, there is still the question of what happens to the weather when they aren't actively managing it. So, if they left it alone, would clouds just drift about randomly? But if they manage it, clouds will be only where they want them. Or something.

I'm not sure we'll even need an answer on that one; though we will need to know if our pegasus PCs can push clouds around.

Agreed.
I think It'll be something like "they can, but managing it everywhere it would be such a hassle that they really only do it in cities with tons of Pegasi".

Alrighty, experience is at 15,800 so you have indeed leveled up.
Next level is at 23,000.
Feel free to do all your leveling business.
I'll let you know by thursday if I think we could play next sunday.
Sorry that i'm a bit brief in this status update, but I don't really have a lot to say, other than I hope you've had fun and will continue to do so. :twilightsmile:

1737427>>1737276>>1676066>>1234583
^^^^
forgot about tags. :facehoof:

1761675 having TONS of fun, hope we can play this weekend!

I'll post my level-up choices (and all my updated stats, if I'm bored) as soon as I make them

EDIT: only got a rage power, no feat. Fancy that! Went with "Reckless abandon," which sacrifices AC for bonuses to hit; as missing is a more persistent problem at the moment than taking too much damage.

So stats are Str 16, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10; Hp 50+1d12, speed 30', initiative +1, AC 21 (+2 v. traps, +2 underground, -4 raging, can't be flanked, never flat-footed, touch AC -9); Fort +9/+11 rage, Ref +4 (+2 v traps), Will +6/+8; Attack: Waraxe +10/+5 (+14/+9 raging); 1d10+3 (+5 raging, +2d6 v. undead); acrobatics +5, climb +5/+7, peception +10, survival +10, swim +6/+8; feats: waraxe proficiency, extra rage, iron will, dodge; rage powers guarded life, Lunar (Celestial) totem, reckless abandon; class features: fast movement, rage 23 rds/day, uncanny dodge, trap sense +2, improved uncanny dodge.

Can't wait to kick some rump!

The choice of Lighting Bolt or Fireball is hard... They're both good spells.
Well Lighting Bolt on Lvl 8 then, along with your favorite spell Phantasmal Killer :pinkiehappy:

>.<
My poor boss creatures...

1764678 only 6 more lvl to (near) Instantkill anything :pinkiehappy:
Hmm Phantasmal Killer and Presitened Spell for reroll saved Saveroll.

1766929>>1761768>>1737276>>1676066>>1234583
Just a brief update, I'm totally free this Sunday if you guys are. :pinkiehappy:

Terrasora
Group Contributor

Woo woo! Sounds like a party!

... I don't know where I find half of these things.

1786966>>1787025
IT's time to

... Damn it Terra... You were faster.

Let's hope Acreu joins us again.

Because we sneaky like that

Because we wouldn't want to rock the boat too much.

Terrasora
Group Contributor

1789332 1789311 1788856

Because this is what we look like when we crit.

Since this is turning into a Gif collection, I am just gonna leave this here.

and then combobreak myself with this, which should be our theme song

1790688>>1790494>>1789311>>1676066
Hey y'all.
Just polling the viewers at home, would you guys like to play Sunday?
I certainly would, as this Sunday is the last Sunday I can count on being able to be free for a while. I'll have to check the exact schedule, but for a few months, it's going to be "Sundays that Preto doesn't have to play with the Pep Band.".
I'll always try to let you guys know by Thursday if I'm free the following sunday.

1833360 I'm available Sunday, and would love to play. This picture is not relevant to the comment, I just really wanted to use it.

I am free on Sundays, til maybe Dezembre or January, due to the start of Fasnet and me also playing in a band there. :pinkiehappy:

Though my excuse for not join would be then, too tired or too drunk.

1834291>>1833526>>1790494>>1676066
Alrighty, so here is what you have gained from that, If i may stroke my own ego a bit, pretty awesome fight.
18,267/23,000
You'll be interested to know by the way, that this is the experience gained from the last two fights. of that experience, the shade fight was worth 2/3 of the increase. XD
You also manage to acquire some gear from the fallen, including
- A shortsword +1
- A suit of Leather armor +2
- A blazing robe
- A suit of scale mail +2.
-And an earring of wisdom +2

Never let it be said that I don't give you nice things.

I would take the leather armor +2, if no one minds.

and it was fun. it would be awesome, if there are going to be more encounters like this.

The thing to remember with the armor is the arcane spell failure chance. Unless you take the Arcane Armor Training feat, then any spell you ever cast has a 10% chance of failing, in which case your turn is wasted. the spell slot for the day is gone, with no effect. Taking the feat would also require you to first take the Light Armor Proficiency feat, since it's a prerequisite to Arcane Armor training. So that's two feats you need to take to avoid having 1 in 10 chance of spells failing. Additionally, activating the feat is a swift action. Since casting a spell with a metamagic feat is a full round action (except for the quickened spell feat) you actually can't avoid the spell failure chance for spells that you're using metamagic on.
I'm not saying that you can't do it, but really think about that one hard before grabbing armor as a sorcerer. Unless you have a specific dual class in mind, it's not usually worth it.

1857636 I was guessing that from the table... but my AC is so low...
so it's a question of risking a higher chance of spell failure or risk getting hit more... and neither is good.

1856530 Blazing robe: what does that do? (I see one that's fire resistance 5, +1 caster level to fire spells, and fire burst (20 feet or up to 20 feet?) 1/day, but no AC bonus)

And while BB does need to boost his AC, armor isn't the best way to go, generally.

Two questions: will we be able to sell any of the equipment we decide not to use? Or trade it to the Doctor to get different magic gear? The scale mail, for instance, wouldn't help me or Grace, as it has the exact same mods, and no one else in the party can wear medium armor. Second, would we be able to remove the enchantment from one item and apply it to another? (for a cost) I've got two variations in mind: +2 some other kind of armor (or, possibly, a robe), and moving the longsword's +1 to my axe (while maintaining the existing bonus, if you'll allow it)

As for the session itself: more like that would be just fine. We're high enough level that serious threats can be handled, even (frequently) stuff you wouldn't think we could manage.

Selling Equipment certainly can be done, Either to The Doctor, or to any other store owner.
You have indeed found the correct blazing robe as well. That's why the save on the flaming sphere spell was so high. :trixieshiftright:
I actually have a system in mind for enchantment transfer too.
What you've mentioned with the armor would work, but not the sword. Taking two +1 enchantments and combining them wouldn't quite work, based on price fairness. (two +1 weapons cost 4000 gold, while one +2 weapon costs 8000. While it makes sense that +1 + +1 = +2, i can't really stick with producing 4000 gold's worth of magic out of thin air, ya dig?). Moving a +2 enchantment from one item to a different masterwork item is totally viable. Potentially even switching the enchantments on two separate items.
Parenthetically, transferring an enchantment from one item to another bears some cost as well, but it's fairly minimal. (around 100~500 gold, depending on the level of magic associated with the item. I've had this system in a past campaign, and it worked out pretty well.)

Edit. Holy shit, I think Roll20's developers watch our campaign. Look at what the next thing they're working on is.
:rainbowderp:

1858467 could we transfer the armor bonus to the robe? It's the same body slot after all.

And that's fair for the rest. I'll just hold the sword as a backup weapon for now.

(other than that, it looks like the spread is:

- A shortsword +1 (for Glimpse)
- A suit of Leather armor +2 (for Zaroon)
- A blazing robe (for BB)
- A suit of scale mail +2. (for Hay, to be transferred)
-And an earring of wisdom +2 (for Grace, because wisdom.)

Though there's argument to be made for other divisions.

My inclination is to say that you could use a +2 armor to also make the robe give a +1. making it also +2 would cause it to be really frickin' magical. >.<

1858631>>1857871>>1790494>>1676066
Click here, oh my god.
My friends, this is a good do. This is one of the new Subdomains for Pathfinder. You've read that correctly.
Pathfinder allows you to be a cleric that worships the concept of Friendship.
In Pathfinder, Friendship is quite literally magic.

Terrasora
Group Contributor

1918844 1858631 1857871 1676066
Guys. Seriously, guys. This has nothing to do with Pathfinder, but guys! Guys, go on YouTube and search for any of the ponies. Pretty much any pony that has a completely accepted fanon name, (i.e. Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Lyra) and any canon named pony, then keep your eyes on the search bar! Do it!!!
(The Princesses have to have Princess in front of their names.)

1919097 oooooooooooooooold
Sorry, but that's the truth.

1919229>>1919097>>1858631>>1676066
Also, I'm free to play next Sunday if you guys are, I believe.
I'm sorry, I thought I posted that I wasn't really free last sunday, but apparently I imagined that. :facehoof:
So yeah, next Sunday?

Terrasora
Group Contributor

1919764 Or am I just imagining that you posted this?

j/k will be there.

1919931>>1919807>>1919799>>1676066
Hey y'all!
Experience is now at 19,867! (even for you Acreu. I don't especially want to deal with the issues starting you at a lower experience value would bring. Writing adventures gets much harder when everybody's a different level. :facehoof:)
Next level shall be obtained at 23,000.
A moment of silence for our fallen comrade Zaroon.
But you know what they say. Heroes never really die. Not in fantasy and Sci-Fi anyway.
I also have a brief question for you all.
I've noticed that I've stated writing fewer fights in the in game days. There are several different reasons for this. We tend to have one, or maybe two, fights in a session, and i'd rather plan interesting, memorable fights than boring ones, so as a result lately it's seemed a bit like i'm only writing boss fights. Regardless of the feedback I receive, I'm going to try and curb that at least a bit, and throw in some smaller scale things, but I'm curious what you guys think. Do you like the trend we've recently had where every fight tends more towards the "epic" side of scale? Or did you prefer things more like the mansion and the kobold caves, where there was one or two larger encounters planned, with several smaller, less meaningful fights between them?

1954439 Exciting fights are exciting, and boring fights are boring.

We spend enough time on interactions that I hardly feel like there isn't enough going on. I vote Stay the Course.

1954439 as of now, I like the course you're taking.
It's challenging and fun.

Official question: are we on for this Sunday (the 20th of October) or no?

1955025>>1954445>>1919799>>1676066
Hey Y'all!
As long as you guys are free, we can play next sunday (November 3rd)!

Experience is currently at 21,147. You'll level up again at 23,000. Which means that after this Sunday, you should all be at level 7! (we're getting towards the end of act 2! :pinkiehappy: I'm simultaneously happy that we're getting there, and kinda sad that we're starting to draw towards the end of this story. It's been my baby!:fluttercry:)

I've probably asked this about 20 times by now (Because I don't have a good memory for it. :facehoof:) But I've said that this element is Kindness, right? Will it upset anybody greatly if I retcon it to being Generosity? It doesn't change anything all that much, but I have a better idea of what Generosity as a item should do than I do for Kindness.
This is at time buying maneuver more than anything else, but the idea I have makes endlessly more sense for Generosity.
Hope to see you guys then!

Oh silly Preto, Kindness should be something like a Iron Maria, because then you could kindly killed them... slowly.. with lot of pain and kindness.

also mandatory yay for soon lvl 7, next session and story progress.:yay:

2065085 Will be there! (just finished moving yesterday, and all set up!)

I've always had trouble defining the difference between generosity and kindness anyway. Retcon is acceptable.

There's the rub. I probably could do that.
It'd be just like Stygian Steel/Sword's constantly fluctuating name. Nobody would notice.
But I can't ever assume that we'll just ignore the change, because I just know that the thing I assume you won't notice is the thing that I'll be called out on. :facehoof:
It's happened to me in the past, hell I've been the perpetrator.
So I like to cover my bases. :facehoof:

Syvvak
Group Admin

Wow. You guys are still doing this. Sweet. How's it going?

2085922 pretty well actually.

Syvvak
Group Admin

Great to hear. Woulda loved to have been able to do it, but life fucked me.

I'd say it's the best campaign I've ever run.

Syvvak
Group Admin

Sweet. Glad it all worked out.

1955025>>1954445>>1919799>>1676066>>2086176

I noticed earlier, and since we're leveling it seemed a good time to bring this up:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes.html

I don't think any of us are using our favored class bonuses. :twilightblush: I know what I'll do with mine (more HP!) but it's something to check into.

(also, skills at first level and class skills are very different in Pathfinder. And better. see: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/usingSkills.html)

Terrasora
Group Contributor

... Oh my glob, this changes so much.
:pinkiegasp:
I have more than 30 HP!

2088883>>2088793>>2065494>>2065098
Hey y'all!
Experience is currently at 25,307, which puts you at level 7!
the next level is at 34,000!

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 279