The Nyxian Alliance 786 members · 221 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

4908400 It's very nice, but I think someone already beat you to it.

Interesting rendition. Very unusual tail. Also, why's she not black? And are those cloven hooves?

Indeed, there are many. Even the artwork I commissioned. Always interested in more adult Nyx art though. I've got a story to hopefully get illustrated one day.

4908865 She's not black because it would not come out looking good if I shaded it black and then scanned it, besides, you can see more detail if it's white. And yes, she does have cloven Hooves.

4910190 I see. So it's not... really Nyx per se. But a sort of alternate version of Nyx.

4910229 No, it's Nyx, I just drew her that way because I have a crappy scanner.

4911404 Not trying to be argumentative, but... That's not what I meant. I mean, Nyx doesn't look like that. Cloven hooves, funky tail. etc. I mean, it's alright to have an alternate impression etc. Draw what pleases you. But that's an alternate Nyx.

Sorry for the critique. It's a decent drawing. You have nice skills. I just think people shouldn't make something entirely different than a thing and then call it that thing. *shrug*

4911427 Oh, okay. Translation error. Your right, it is a bit of an alternate version. Its called realisms. Its the art style used in the film, "The Lion King", and then was incorporated for the MLP universe by the greatly talented Deviant Artist Famosity. For the longest time I did not understand why she made the characters have cloven hooves, but as I discovered you have to study the animal in the real world in order to get the art style right, and it turns out, ponies and horses DO have cloven hooves in some species.

Okay.

Odd, I have never heard of any equine with a cloven hoof. Nor any within the MLP universe either. Especially considering that Nyx is literally Nightmare Moon, who is literally Luna, who is an alicorn, and who does not have hooves or a tail like that. *shrug* I mean, okay it's an artistic style. That's cool. It's just not what she looks like because we already know what Nightmare Moon looks like. And adult Nyx would look almost exactly like Nightmare Moon because that's who she is.

Well, this link is the only way I can explain why I did it that way. And she doesn't look like Nightmare Moon because #1 she's cute, not creepy, and #2 it an early design, not what might come in the future. The Great Famosity

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10