Autistic Bronies United 207 members · 153 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I have frequently considered attempting to write a "self-insert" into Equestria as a fanfiction, but with a few key distinctions. In real life, I take two types of medication to help me focus more effectively, as well as control my inherent impulsive tendencies. But in this story, my character's need for medications would be circumvented by Equestria's "background magic"; background as in similar to "background radiation", except with magic.

Unfortunately, this also brings a new set of complications and "side effects" for my character. While the dangerous symptoms of withdrawal are no longer an issue, the body of my character has an unusual level of "innate synchronization" with Equestria's magic; he acts as a living "sponge" for most forms of magic. And interestingly, his body even appears to have a preference for the type of magic absorbed; if in the proximity of multiple magic sources, he readily absorbs "negative magic". Which is generally what happens when he's in proximity to individuals who are either having "a bad day", or are "moody" by inherent nature. Whether invoked by Alicorns or Unicorns, or just residual background magic levels, he's unconsciously taking magic into his body, similar to warming up by a campfire; you become warmer the longer you sit in the heat being radiated by the fire. Except with magic.

And this quickly begins to disturb his usual maintained composure during his "visit" in Equestria. As he initially lacks a means to "vent" this foreign energy safely, it begins to interact with his "internal psychological framework". Uncontrolled emotions that leak out of his mind begin to manifest physically over his body, along with energy resonance that can be felt, and seen, in the form of visible "arc lighting" magics that constantly spark out of his body.

This is just a brief summary of my concept, but I would like input on this potential. Is it worth exploring or fleshing out?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1