The Three Stooges Fan-Club 89 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Good afternoon, my good friends.

This is your friendly as ever film, TV show, and episode reporter here with another review.

Today, following my previous episode review, I'll be making my 8th installment by reviewing The Three Stooges's "No Census, No Feeling".

Here's the summary of it:

After escaping the wrath of an angry store clerk, the Three Stooges unwittingly become census takers. Realizing that they have a golden opportunity to make a new honest-living, the Stooges willingly take on the new job.

As it turns out, though, being a census taker is a lot harder than it seems, even when you try getting the names of the people of a rich household or people at a football game.

Can the Stooges accomplish their job at census takers? Or not?

Similar to "Cookoo Cavaliers", this was another member of the Three Stooges filmography that I really enjoyed.

Director Del Lord, and writers Ellwood Ullman and Harry Edwards, created perhaps one of the most nonstop hilarious of the Three Stooges shorts to date.

I will admit that the short may have sidetracked itself with the moment of the poker game and fruit punch mishap, but it hardly matters because they were all instantly amusing anyway. The Stooges were still hoping to get the census out of the owner of the household anyway, so it makes sense that they'd be doing things to pass the time and something would happen along the way.

The humor and comedic-timings all proved to be as clever and witty as ever. I particularly couldn't help but note the influences of Harry Edwards as co-writer for this short. To me, his style of comedy carried a sense of risqué and ambition, which flowed perfectly with Del Lord's directing abilities and the writing of Ullman.

The performances of Moe, Larry, and Curly were as delightful as ever, if I may add.

They and the rest of the ensemble appeared to be really passionate about the script. It especially appeared that way to where they were willing to do some of the most physically challenging of gags, such as the way Moe fell down the doorsteps after getting hit by the vase. The Stooges themselves also made something hilariously fun out of being census takers.

In the end, "No Census, No Feeling" is another one of the most accomplished efforts from the Three Stooges, with a particular credit going to that of Harry Edwards.

So, I rate "No Census, No Feeling" five out of five stars.

That's also one of my favorite episodes I still remember the mall got hit by a vase when he asked but dude if he's married or happy lol

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2