Rock Music 231 members · 99 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hello there. I am a fan of Metal, always have, always will be. Yes I love a lot of other musical styles, from the various forms of rock and roll, to the classical, orchestral, SOME very select rap songs, a small number(5) of pop songs, and so on. That being said I am here today to talk about an important matter... Metal in kids cartoons... And why it is FUCKING AWESOME!

Our first example comes from Codename: Kids Next Door and the episode "Operation:F.O.O.D.F.I.T.E." The ENTIRE episode is comprised of two music videos with a connecting story line throughout. The songs in question? Well the first is "Grandmother Stuffum", the villain Grandma Stuffum being the antagonist of the episode.

This song is based on, and essentially a cover of, The Private Pain of Techno Destructo by GWAR. In fact aside from the lyrics, the song is EXACTLY the same. GWAR actually teamed with Grey DeLisle(Voice of Grandma Stuffum) and came up with the songs for the episode, which were performed in the episode with new lyrics written for each song especially for the episode

The second song was "Slamwitch", and was based on the GWAR song "Gor-Gor"

This segment of the episode was pretty much made to mirror a LOT of what happened in the Gor-Gor music video.

But KND wasn't the ONLY cartoon to take advantage of the power of Metal. Oh no. The series Duck Dodgers, a cartoon based around Daffy Duck's starship captain alter ego of the same name, did not just feature a Metal song done by an ACTUAL Metal band, but had the ENTIRE band show up. The episode was called "In Space, No One can Hear you Rock" centered around a new Martian plan to disrupt all Earth music by absorbing it and replacing it with dull elevator music with a giant ship designed to harness the energy from the absorbed music into a powerful destructive beam.

Duck Dodgers gets the idea to thaw out a frozen Dave Mustaine of Megadeth fame, to combat this threat by unleashing music so loud that the Martian weapon could NOT handle it. The episode ends on one of the most Metal things possible

That's right. Megadeth, fighting Martians with the power of Metal.... I'll just let that thought sink in.

But Looney Tunes was not done with Metal just yet, for in the recent Looney Tunes Show there was something.... Beautiful. You see in The Looney Tunes Show they would have sections of the episodes called "Merrie Melodies" which were short music videos featuring one or more the various Looney Tunes singing... A running joke of the show for a bit was Daffy being under the impression he was a magical wizard... The writers took this gag and well... this happened

That's right. A Power Metal music video about Daffy Duck's delusions of being an all-powerful wizard... No words can describe the sheer AWESOMENESS of this.

So do we need Metal in kids cartoons? Nope. Am I happy we do get it once in a while? Oh hell yes! :pinkiehappy:

With that I leave you with my FAVORITE Metal song...

God damn... How come I never heard of the KND-GWAR thing before? :pinkiegasp:

Anyways, oddly enough, the first thing that I could think of was how this thing, especially once it gets to the "metal" part, is absolutely fucking pathetic:

About the only thing it gets right is that 99% of pop music today is indeed rooted in blues. The rest is dog shit pouring into my ears...

Dunno if this counts, but this (the theme of "What A Cartoon") is kinda metal (or at least rock):

Obligatory mention (although this isn't a children's cartoon):

This would be better if the vocals had more passion, but I think it's still okay:

I'll try to mention more once I can remember more...

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot this one:

The first ep in this vid features some kind of hardcore band or whatever. The sections with the music are short, but they offer a bit of lulz all the same... :trollestia:

Obligatory mention #2: (link)

Supposedly, there's also an episode of Spongebob that features Pantera.

And finally:

3823892 Not bad examples. Also, one COULD argue the CMC had a BIT of Glam Metal influence

Granted their song wasn't Metal... I'd say more basic Rock than anything, but still the Glam Metal influence in their costumes is hard to ignore

I couldn't find a decent vid where they show the scene from the episode tho...

There's always a first step when it comes to finding that path...

Although for me it wasn't primarily cartoons. It was video game OSTs. Example:

For a game as silly as "Worms Armageddon", this is one creepy as fuck song.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8