Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 64 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 64

Is this thread a zombie or something? How is this still alive?

This thread had been preserving in one of the cryotanks of the giant storage called "The Forum". Revival is simple when a thaw is just enough, but warming it up is also mandatory on preventing it from being icy cold again.

Heh heh I see, though this threads been completely derailed since i started it.

Edit: scratch that you guys are still on topic, the tracks just seem to head in a interesting place.

Don't remember if this thread is gonna be closing or not, but i think its good, at one point yorick stated in his what he planned for the future thread, that these 12 pegasus from Pegasopolis or something came out because of an act of BETRAYAL (Griffons betraying Stormwing), that was found out by the being known as the Eye of equestria, found because of the GREEDY Whitegold inhabitants. This eye tells them of "The Laughing Mare. The Truthsayer. The Green Mother, The Twelve Champions, The Magus" over and over again (well rarity at least) , each one seems to be connected, and they all resemble something...hmmm OH RIGHT, the elements of harmony.

Each one was made from the effects of the opposite of the elements of harmony (i could not have phrased that better even if i tried)

The laughing mare: Laughter= Manifested through Despair
The green mother: Kindness= manifested through hatred
The truthsayer: Honesty= Manifested through Deceit
The twelve Champions: Loyalty= Manifested through Betrayal (Griffons invading Stormwing)
The Eye of Equestria: Generosity= Manifested through Greed (Whitegold's greed allowed them to find it)
The Magus: Magic (Friendship)= Manifested through Loneliness/Separation.

The thing here is, what made each one manifest? These are my theories

Laughing Mare: I have two, one is more of what i think, the second being my "Vision" version.
1. The war, the death and all the misery caused by the division, plus the death of pinkie pie. All of this made the Element of Laughter create the being known as the laughing mare, to spread Laughter throughout the world. Sadly this may not have gone exactly as planned.

(Fanmade begins)

2. The flood of ponyville was the major event that caused the Laughing Mares manifestation. Due to the 6 prophets being connected to the flood,

(In my vision, here's a little sneak peak to each of the prophets backstory, I'm not finished with my stories yet so its still pretty vague.
Cranky: Lost matilda in the flood, going insane.
Derpy: Lost her sister in the flood, eventually got separated from all her friends because of it.
Lyra: Was forced to leave her home, in Whitegolds slums, parents were murdered.
Surprise: Was the one who came up with the idea of the flood, blaming herself for the death of all the innocents in ponyville.
Screwball: Ponyville was her last home, found mute in its ruins, little is known about her.
Pokey Pierce: Very little is known, found in the ruins of Ponyville, Lost something dear to him, made his Silver mask out of the silver he could salvage from the ruins.)

(Fanmade ends)

their despair and anguish was enough to summon it.

(Everything after this was JUST thought up and i didn't have much time working on it since I'm focusing on one faction at the time, which is currently the Cult)

The Green mother: Manifested when Fluttershy broke and summoned a hydra to attack the Earthborn units raiding one of the tribes, her sheer fury and anger and hatred called upon the Green Mother.

The Truthsayer: AJ feels so betrayed because she thinks that the princesses lied to everyone, believing this so much, the truthsayer was born.

Twelve Champions: In their time of need, when they were betrayed, the champions rose out and helped save Stormwing, however what are their true motives? And is this betrayal truly what caused them to manifest? (Ideas in my brain are popping up like CRAZY)

The Eye of Equestria: Only one i got nothing on sadly. Still thinking about it

The Magus: Twilight was really the main one to break the friendship between everyone, with her rituals and insanity she fell in. Without her the group fell apart, i think this is what caused The Magus to be born.

What do you guys think?

I can see that these six are connected somehow to the Elements of Harmony. Absolutely agree with your idea on the Laughing Mare, but I'd like to edit it a bit. How about the Laughing Mare IS the Element of Laughter itself?

The Magus - Magic = The name itself is quite self-explanatory. The Astral might be something like "one is all and all is one", magical.

The Truthsayer - Honesty = Again, the name is self explanatory. But who would it be? Applejack is already a liar by becoming a True Earthborn, not being true to herself literally / physically. What do you think of this point of view?

The Twelve Champions of Pegasopolis - Loyalty = There are many possible conclusions for this, here's a couple. They might have been blending in Stormwing's rank as loyal hoplites or other Stormwing Units. They could be controlled the element itself too.

The Eye of Equestria - Generosity = I assume that the Eye is similar the observatory in "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag", an ultimate spying device for Equestria. I think it's very generous to grant such overpowered power.

The Green Mother - Kindness = Same with the Truthsayer, just who or what could it be? It could be Fluttershy herself, split personality maybe?

The Laughing Mare - Laughter = Spreading Laughter, albeit messed up due to the bearer being... dead

I think it works, kind of. What do you think?

3861565 From what i understand, their manifested beings from the elements, or it can be interpreted as the ELEMENTS themselves manifesting into these forms. So them being the elements themselves makes sense. Though i think that each one is actually a magical being, not being someone we already know, but the elements themselves taking physical/elemental, magical whatever form. But its possible they created other beings too or manifested in another persons form. Its full of mystery that there's many ways the elements can be connected to these beings.

The magus was hinted that starswirl was a part of it, maybe the magus is more then just one being of magic put together? Separated into multiple powerful mages.

The Truthsayer is a spirit from what we know(hes the one that gave AJ the "One true Sight", at least i think he did), the spirit of WHO however, is unknown.

The twelve champions of pegasopolis: I think they came FROM pegasopolis, wherever and whatever that is. (Another different plane? their resting place while waiting to rise?)

The eye of Equestria is pretty generous to do that sure but... i don't know i got somewhat nothing on it, I feel like there would have been a lot more to it then just giving information, that's why I'm thinking about it since i can't think of anything yet.

The green Mother was apparently found in the castle place no? At least i think so. I don't remember was awhile ago since i last read that thread, anyways, but fluttershy found the green mother thanks to that other spirit thing that's with her. I still have the feeling that it might be a mix of both the element of kindness but also, the Everfree forest itself. THE Everfree forest in Physical/Magical form. Dunno just an idea i came up with on the spot.

The laughing mare, its strange, i know its the element of laughter, but there's something else to it, just like the Green mother, where the other ones are... "good" in a way that their trying to help with their element, this one seems off a bit. However Pinkie being dead could very well have an effect on the Element, i never actually thought of that. However i feel like the Laughing mare might be a being called upon by the Element of Laughter, and possibly, corrupted in the process? AAARGGH you got my brain going crazy about this :pinkiecrazy:

The Magus is a collective beings within the Astral, and Starswirl is a part of it. So the Magus isn't a single being nor a single group, but another faction itself within the Astral Plane. The Laughing Mare being a single Astral being that is almost enigmatic, so let alone knowing what the Magus is all about...

I would have forgotten about that spirit if you hadn't mentioned it. The Truthsayer being the Spirit of Truth. Does that mean it is related to the Thunderhoof Tribe somehow? Strongheart did have Applejack went through a ritual that had the spirit gave her the eye...

Pegasopolis is what the pegasi named Equestria prior to its founding. The only way that name is still used is that Pegasopolis is within the Astral. Making the place an equivalent of Valhalla would be interesting, a heaven to to the brave warriors that have died valiantly. It would be even more interesting to see whether Commander Hurricane is Odin or not. The most interesting one would be Ragnarok...

A question from me, is the Eye just an object? And nothing more?

Hmm, I thought the Green Mother was discovered in Starswirl's Laboratory. No, would be discovered is a better phrase. I wonder if the Everfree is actually a single entity called the Everfree Liege? But that wouldn't explain what the Green Mother actually is in normal perspective. Is she a forest spirit? Or as I've mentioned before, Fluttershy's split personality? I mean, the mother of all the six tribes that Fluttershy would unite is FLuttershy herself. All of them respects the lady, possibly like their mother, mother nature...

I think Laughter would be the first to try and intervene the chaos that had first erupted after the disappearance. Since using their [The Elements'] powers directly without conduits would result in nasty consequences, Laughter created her own conduit out of desperation. That conduit is a magical manifestation of some sort that would affect the six ponies that would later be the prophets. After its main conduit Pinkie Pie died, its power in Equestria decreased dramatically. It lost connections and controls over the manifestations within the six prophets, and madness was formed. The Laughing Mare being the collection of the manifestation of the total six prophets. What do you think of this head-canon?

EDIT: OK, screw my head-canon. We got the journals back!

...What if because of the Mane 6 being broken up, the Elements are no longer fit for them and simply were hidden away. Like, we know they have a physical form, but what if they just became some ethereal form and just spread across Equestria, and simply lay dormant until a new set of bearers could wield their power and try to restore harmony?

For me, personally, my head canon is that there is in fact seven Elements, the last one being thought up as a myth and which is why most ponies would only have know the six main Elements, but Celestia and Luna know of the Seventh Element but never told Twilight and her friends about it as the main six Elements were capable of being powerful in their own rite. Plus they never thought that one that would bear the seventh Element could exist in Equestria, if at all on Equis.

So while the Elements of Harmony are likely thought to be gone and just relics of the past, they do still exist around Equestria, least their physical forms would, but when a new bearer discovers them and relates to that Element, it would change its shape but remains the same type of Element because who is to say that there isn't another pony that would be honest and can spread laughs, in a fun and loving way and not the sadistic way...looking at you Cult.

4098271 The big thing is that, From what we gathered, PY has hinted that the 6 beings me and alpha we're talking about where related to the elements of harmony (or their opposites). As in, the Eye of Equestria (from Whitegold) was found due to their GREED. Or the twelve champions of pegasopolis saved Stormwing after an act of BETRAYAL. Basically, they each appeared because of a major event that represented the opposite of one of the elements. Hence why i came up with a few ideas like

The magus being created and a part of it (starswirl) helping twilight is due to twilight no longer having friends (Friendship)

The laughing mare was due to the large amount of misery and sadness around Equestria (for me notably, the flooding of ponyville) (Laughter)

Champions of Pegasopolis due to the griffons eventually betraying Stormwing (PY confirmed this) (Loyalty)

The green mother due to the tribes no longer showing kindness to the world, especially when Fluttershy lost it completely and summoned a hydra to attack earthborn troops that we're attacking then. (Kindness)

The eye of Equestria due to the greed of Whitegold, wanting more $$$ by digging through the large gem mine they have. (Generosity)

The Truthsayer, which at this point, i have no idea why it showed up. Alpha has a good idea, stating that shes betrayed herself by becoming a true Earthborn (once again, PY confirmed this) and went against who she really is. My idea was that she felt betrayed by the princesses and believed they we're lying. The Great Lie. (I don't really like my idea anymore however) (Honesty)

In the end, you idea would make sense with all of this. Maybe the 6 elements did loose their physical form and their magic spread throughout Equestria, and when the time was right, they started manifesting once again, trying to reform their original bearers. Or possibly the beings ended up taking that magic and are using it? Like the Laughing Mare (its kinda hard to believe shes a manifestation of the Element, even if shes pure laughter, shes kinda twisted. Not EVIL. (ok well.... evil in a moral kind of way... its complicated with her -.-) but shes not Element material. Maybe they we're corrupted? As for a 7th element, i won't really touch that subject, not a fan of adding a whole new element (or any amount) into the world of ED however it is an interesting idea and it'd be interesting to see what you come up with. I just won't be of much help when it comes to talking about a 7th element. :applejackunsure:

Maybe, those manifestations are the elements looking for their new bearers? Just a last minute thought that came to my head after re reading your post.

Kind of thought about it a bit. You see my OC entered Equestria, during my story arc, post Season 4 and was summoned by the Princesses to help save Equestria from a dark entity known as Vexis, who was sealed away by a mysterious person known as the Hero of Realms as he helped defeat Vexis 5000 years prior, with the help of Celestia and Luna as it occurred around the time they harnessed the Elements, and the Hero used a blade, which was then sealed away beneath the Old Castle of the Royal Sisters, which is accessed through a hidden passage behind the Tree of Harmony, opening to that who holds all six virtues of Harmony and brings those together through unity, which is the Element of Unity.

The blade, the Harmonia, was left behind by the Hero, to serve as a key to the seal over Vexis, who was sealed to the deepest part of Tartarus, but since Luna became Nightmare Moon and the Elements power were exhaused for 1000 years and since Celestia couldn't bear the powers, the seal waned and by the time Tirek escaped out and to cause havoc around Equestria, he allowed Vexis to slip out as well and allowing her power to regain. Basically, its a similar plot to Ocarina of Time, the Harmonia is basically the Master Sword of Equestria. OC wields it, has the help of the Elements thanks to the Mane 6, and was able to slay Vexis for good. He then returns the sword to its pedestal, in hopes it keeps continues to keep the Tree of Harmony and the Elements pure.

Now how does this all fit in EQD?

Well thats easy, you see I like to think that the original timeline of Equestria happened, as in Vexis being sealed away the first time around and the Harmonia was hidden away. Ponies thought of the whole thing as a myth and that the seventh Element was not real, but the Princesses knew this wasn't the case. And Celestia never told Twilight and the others about the whole thing as she felt that Vexis wouldn't return. Now since we establish this whole story arc occurs before Season 4, in which Twilight is a unicorn still and never was granted alicorn powers, I like to think she basically was able to achieve enough raw magical power and...well pretty much executed those that were prisoner to Tartarus, Vexis included as at this point she was still to weak and was simply caught in the midst of execution, likely so Twilight could send those she finds more deadly there and so there is room...I guess. XD

So the Harmonia, which acts as physical version of Unity, is still hidden away underneath the Castle of the Royal Sisters in the Everfree, but would be hard to reaquire since Fluttershy took the castle as her primary residence if I recall. Though since the Elements are missing and likely are dormant around Equestria. So if Silver was to be able to get the alternate Harmonia, as this takes place in an alternate timeline, he would need to seek out the Elements and have them lead to their new bearers, as he is already the bearer of Unity. Thus making my story idea to be like Zelda in a sense...how it will end...dunno yet.

Fauxst
Group Admin

4107639 This is way too OC-oriented :applejackunsure: General Discussion threads are mainly for discussing concepts already IN the setting and how they work…IN the setting. It generally sticks to information everyone already shares and acknowledges, then expands upon that.

The Elements of Harmony exist in the setting, and it's fine to speculate about a seventh or what have you (not my cup of tea, but hey, not judging). If someone else wanted to discuss the concept of a seventh element using what information exists, that's fine, but THIS is not okay; you're introducing an entirely separate idea from a separate story no one else can discuss but you and that's not what the thread is for. You started out fine…but it quickly turned into a story pitch, not discussing anything actually IN the setting. That's more along the lines of threads under the "headcanon" designation.

I hope I explained that well enough. Not gonna ask you to take it down or anything, but yeah, I have to do my job occasionally.

Sorry, my mind, tends to go on auto mode on this sort of thing.

After screening through this, I find it hard to notice that only 1366972 bought up the topic of the status of the Elements' physical well being...

The artifacts themselves represent the aspects of Harmony, which is the most powerful magic in Equestria. In Keep Calm and Flutter On, :trollestia: gave them to :twilightoops: as a "just in case". So if only we assume that everything prior to the Alicorn Transformation, before :facehoof: gets to cast that unfinished spell, happened and then the Diarch disappears...

In this scenario, :twilightsmile: will be the one with the Elements. Now, I figured the following might have happened. :twilightsheepish: gave the respective elements to her friends as a protective charm, with all the revolts and all. The turning point would be that fateful night, the ritual. We can easily assume that she would involve the Elements into this...

The question is; why was :fluttercry: and :raritydespair: there in the first place? (Aside from Best Friends' Morale Keeping) This theory fits if the Elements are involved, and both of them are wielders of the Elements...

Two things might have happened to the artifacts:
1.) It was destroyed after the ritual, the end.
2.) It wasn't destroyed, but completely drained of power.

This second scenario will put a lot of drama in since the artifacts would effectively become mementos, constantly reminding their corrupted owners of their wonderful friendship in the past...

Now there are flaws to this theory:
1.) Where in Tartarus is Discord?
2.) Regarding the second scenario, :ajsmug: and :yay: didn't participate the ritual.

For the first issue, Discord might also disappear with the Diarch for simplicity's sake. Or if we want to twist the theory a bit, Keep Calm and Flutter On didn't happen. Without that episode, :twilightangry2: wouldn't possess the Elements, but Discord would still be stoned too ( which provides us a potential scenario in which he breaks out ) . We can still assume that she breaks them out of their vault in Canterlot to have her friends use it, so that part is still safe...

The second issue gives us an interesting scenario. Although, :ajbemused: and :flutterrage: kept their artifacts, if we apply the corruption theory, their powers would be weakened. They kept their powers still though. So what do they do with them..?

I think :ajsleepy: would just keep it as a memento, not exploiting any of its powers. :fluttershyouch: however, has potential on what she would do with her's. Chances are, she discovered the Tree of Harmony. Regarding the Tree, maybe she and her tribes helped to stop those Plunderseeds Discord planted centuries ago..!

Now back to the topic; if she knew about the Tree, she would indeed exploit it. There's a possibility that the Liege would want her to cut it down, but I prefer not to have this one out, being directly connected to the artifacts that is...

One of her goals would certainly be reuniting the elements back to the Tree to harness its powers. How she would use it depends on her morality at that moment. The point is that she keeps her artifact with the Tree, period...

So yeah, my theory on the Elements; what do you think..?

So I have a thought. Since the division 14 years have passed with warring and political games. But it all has to end somehow, my thought is the elements of harmony are retaken and get new users. My question to you is who would be the next mane six?

Of course I have my set of all the elements.

Honesty: Applebloom
Loyalty: Scootaloo
Generosity: Sweetiebelle
Kindness: Throrax (unnamed changeling in my story)
Laughter: (Dont have one for laghter but im working on it)
Magic: Sunset Shimmer

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 64