Equestria Divided 707 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 362 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 362

Oh, and the Honeysuckle is on fire. Might want to do something about that.

What is going on?

Is this what I get for yanking out my wisdom teeth?

Too late! I'm in Rome. I MUST DO AS THE ROMANS DO!!! See y'all friday! or probably really late thursday..... who knows? :applejackunsure:

Awesome, I've been to Italy before. In fact, I'm going to a different part of Italy at the end of next week. Have a great time, mate. :3

1170406>>1170418

You know, I keep forgetting that for you Eurpoeans, going to another country is no big deal. For us Americans, if someone says "I'm going to Rome," there's a ridiculous price tag involved and they're gone for the Month.

Oh, there's still a ridiculous price tag, we just don't have the 8 hour flight that you guys inevitably get. Shorter flight times sorta encourage us to stay less long.

Also, going to America in the dead of summer. That was an... experience. Especially when I'm just a Brit who basically lives in rain.

1170457 Oh? How was it? Sunny? Hot? Pleasantly Balmy?

...did those goddamn wonderful immigrants of ours bother you?

Considering it was Florida? Pretty freaking hot. Food was pretty amazing, though it doesn't stand up to Italian food. :3.

Every time I walked outside, I was slapped in the face by heat. I mean that in a completely literal sense.

Still had fun, though it was a good 4 years ago or somethin.

1170531 Yup. Thats Florida. Im also judging that you didnt visit there during Hurricane season, as you got smacked with with some warmth. You want HOT, you visit Nevada. The devil himself couldnt stoke the fires of Hell warmer than a Nevada afternoon.

But yes. Zat is America for you. Although you think FLORIDA food is good? I... I don't know how to react... you've just confirmed all the stereotypes regarding English food.

We flew past a tropical storm on the way back, thats about it in terms of extreme weather. Speaking of the flight, I'm never doing that one again.

Could've been nice; I was 15. Burgers were basically my best friend. America did tat sort of thing.

Yeah, English food is rather lackluster. We do some pretty good pub food, though that says a lot bout our collective drinking problem.

Ah, just a wee tropical storm? That's just a touch of rain, mate.

Er, yes. but the fact remains is that you thought a FLORIDA burger was good. My friend... there are burgers... and then there are burgers.

I thought the English diet consisted solely of tea?

Tea, crumpets, biscuits, cider, beer and a good old doner kebab to blame the puke on.

In all honesty, I like tea as much as the next brit, but I drain away cups of coffee like a fish needs water.

Oh, and home made Apple hard cider, thats pretty cool.

Yeah, I like burgers, but I don't exactly have a monopoly on them. Best I've had is an Aberdeen Angus burger. Right quality beef, that is.

The south is really great for pulled pork sandwiches and fried chicken. The north is good for italian style food and burgers. The west is good for just about everhthing else, considering California is on the west coast. :pinkiehappy:

I'm not actually European, I'm from Colorado, I've just only actually lived in America for eight years out of the eighteen that my life consists of.

Anyway, I'm off to see the city!

(In case your wondering why I made such a big deal about not being able to post, its because I am using my Vita to do this, and it isn't easy typing on here.)

*repeatedly whacks his post with an overszed wrench* Im NOT taking this long cause Im writing some sort of super incredibly post. Im having some technical difficulties on my end. <_<;

1178224 :fluttercry:

Not the day for those sorta jokes, JP. Just... not today.

Name- Hippocratic Oath

Species – Unicorn

Gender – Male

Coat/Eyes/Mane/Cutie Mark: Hippocratic Oath is a young stallion who has taken the time to care for and maintain his own health, standing proudly at a respectable 4.5 feet tall with enough trained muscle to physically be one of the stronger members of his kind. With a milky white coat and a oak brown mane, this ocean blue eyed stallion bares the cutie mark of a green snake with a twig baring strange brown leaves in its mouth.

Affiliation – Servant to the greater good, but with ties to the Kingdom of Unicornia.

Special Talent: An deep seated understanding of Medical magics, practices and herbs.

Personality: It is truly hard to tell the full extent of what goes on inside Hippocratic Oath's mind. Many of those funding his free clinic believe him to be a unicorn supremest who had a truly devious and brilliant idea for tricking the lesser races into accepting that fact while those who use his clinic could say with certainty that he is completely indifferent to race and will treat just about anyone who comes to him (With a notable exception when it comes to those who serve alongside the laughing dead.) Exactly how he views the different pony races is completely unknown and he isn't going to tell.

Despite this, it is clear that Hippocratic Oath does place a high value on the lives of those who he treats, as well as a deep disdain for those destroy life for personal amusement. He has defended himself and his clinic from two different groups of Laughing Cult members, killing all of them and destroying their bodies with acid afterwards. He took each of their tails, bleached them with acid and salt before hanging them from a sign post he set up outside of his clinic as a warning to others who tried to assault his home and place of work.

Back-story : Born in the capital city of the kingdom of Unicorna, Hippocratic Oath was the second child of four of a minor noble family with an older brother and two younger sisters; Undying Oath, Faithful Oath and Divine Oath respectively. While his brother went off to join the army, Faithful Oath took it upon herself to join the court of the Princess and Divine Oath dedicated her time to becoming a scholar of the magical arts, Hippocratic Oath began to study medicine.

While his peers limited themselves to giving magical treatments alone, Hippocratic left his home when he was barely a teenager to study abroad for over ten years, traveling from university to university at first but when he ran out of those he traveled the world, speaking to alchemists, wise mares, old mares tales and local folk lore. When he couldn't find anymore unicorns with the knowledge he sort, he sort out their counterparts from the 'lesser races', avoiding major settlements in order to study in secret with the few older practitioners of the healing arts who were willing to pass knowledge on to a willing mind, regardless of the body it was in.

The end result was a revolution to current medical procedures, a fact that would have made Hippocratic a major player in the numerous courts of the Unicornia nation had he decided to keep them to himself and his kind. However, in a bold and some considered treasonous move he openly declared that he was going to create a free clinic that would be open to all pony kind, regardless of loyalties or race. In a move just as bold, if not more so, he also requested an audience with Princess Platinum and her court in order to discuss funding for said clinic.

When the time came for the audience, quite a few nobles were present to witness what they believed was going to be the sentence of an imprisonment with a possible execution thrown in. Instead, Hippocratic Oath explained exactly why he was opening the clinic and his reasoning behind letting other races use it. His speech was recorded and kept on record as follows:

"Princess Platinum, Ladies and Gentlemen; Thank you for taking the time to hear out my proposal and I request that you save all questions until the end. As you are all aware Unicorns are, out of all the pony races, the superior one. We have been blessed with great magic that our lesser counterparts lack and thus we few have a greater understanding of the very nature of reality itself then they do. They are mentally mere children when compared to us, doomed to frail about in the darkness of their own ignorance in anger and frustration while we can see perfectly.

Ladies and Gentleman, clearly it is the natural order of things that we should be the ruling body of all pony kind but our lesser counter parts are too blind and stubborn to accept such a clear truth. They curse, yell and struggle against the natural order of things, but one cannot hate them for being what they are: colts and fillies that are lost and frightened in the dark, unable to see where they are or where they are going.

As the superior race, Unicorns have to be the ones to lead the lesser races out of the darkness. Their leaders are stubborn and stupid however and in our own frustrations with their lack of understanding we have resorted to trying to drive them like sheep towards a brighter future. We have lowered ourselves to dealing with them their crude fashions and thus we have made little in the way of headway.

While the lesser races are uneducated, this does not mean they are dumb. With care, we could enlighten them to the true nature of things in such a way that they will be willing to accept the truth happily. This will demand that we show them why we are best suited to guide them, instead of just screaming at them how 'Unicorns are the best'. That has been getting us nowhere for the last century.

By opening a free clinic that will service all three races equally, not only will this show that unicorns are the most mature of the three races since we are the ones willing to take the first step to bury the hatchet, but by having a unicorn doctor provide better health care towards the other two tribes then their own physicians are capable of giving, the other races will start to see the benefits of serving the benevolent and generous unicorn nobility. I will now happily answer any questions."

By the end of the audience, Hippocratic Oath not only managed to get the permission to build his clinic but also managed to secure a steady level of on going funding by various nobles present for reasons completely their own. The Princess was also willing to grant funding from the crown under the condition that other unicorns were trained to be nurses and doctors by Hippocratic Oath and that any important information related to the war was reported as soon as possible. Hippocratic agreed to both conditions.

While the clinic was started alone in the middle of nowhere near the boarder of all three tribes, in the six months its been open a number of houses has sprung up around it. Some ponies stay because they require long term treatments while others have lost everything and thus nowhere else to go so they set up shop around the clinic. It's still early days yet, but it appears the clinic is doing business.

Other: Hippocratic Oath keeps a number of jars and vials both on his person and around the clinic at all times. These jars and vials are filled with things designed to kill and maim ponies quickly and painfully. Knowledge of how to heal has also informed Hippocratic how to harm and kill as well.

Twice in the last six months small war bands of converted towns-ponies of the cult of laughter have attempted to 'throw a party' at where they believe to be an easy target. They are all dead and their bodies destroyed by acid so that they cannot rise again. Hippocratic Oath does not take threats to his clinic and patients lightly.

Note: Use of the title 'Cult of Laughter' is merely a placeholder name until just what the current incarnation of this cult calls themselves is reveled. I will be happy to change it once that happens.

Thank you. Originally I was planning on having this speech to explain why this character had a free clinic for the non-unicorns enslaved by the House of Moon and Sun without getting into trouble with the inquisition. A way to appeal to the House's sense of superiority and ego while at the same time opening the way to helping those in need. There was also this paragraph in the original version:

"Of the few members of our proud, loyal house that deals with those under care who were unfortunate enough not to be born blessed, many of them view the lesser races as tools to be used and discarded at a whim. If any other unicorn craftspony was to let their tools fall into such a sorry state of disrepair due to neglect and outright misuse they would rightfully be treated as a worthless craftspony; Why should these 'craftsponies' of pony life be treated any different?"

As for why my guy knows about the cult... Well, he does have a free clinic that's more or less in the middle of nowhere. It seems like an easy target. Their wrong, but I can see them launching a raid every now and then (More so because Hippocratic Oath is an enemy of the cult.) In truth he doesn't believe that the cult is using true undead (After all, they've only sent insane cultists and the odd zombie his way. They haven't gotten serious yet) Hippocratic believes that the 'Zombies' are merely cultists that are that pumped up with a series of dangerous enhancement magic and drugs that cause their bodies to push beyond natural limits, a side effect of which is that the body seems to start rotting away because of them.

His method of disposal has more to do with hygiene then it does to do with robbing the necromancers of their puppets. Beware the rational mind of science!

My character doesn't know about them D:

First of all, hey, and welcome to the forums/Was, Is, Will Be. Always cool to have another dude on the roster.

Now, I ain't an admin or anything, but there's a few small problems with yer sheet. I only feel it's prudent for me to mention because I made the same mistakes in my first iterations of my own character.

Was, Is, Will Be takes place before the formations of all the houses. Take into account that we have two players RP'ing as Smart Cookie and Chancellor Puddinghead and you can kinda guess where we sit on the time frame.

As such, Moon and Star and the actual Cult of Laughter won't exist as military forces. From what I understand of Dawnscroll's explanations of what the hell is going on in the thread at the moment, the Cult itself doesn't exist, but the magic that creates the minions that roam the current town the character occupy still does.

Like JohnPerry said, I do like how you played your character to almost manipulate the Autocracy and her court.

Thank you for the warm welcome! It means a lot to me.

Just to clear something up when I said the speech was originally made for a House of the Moon and Star character, I kind of meant that this one was tailored to suit the current era settling. As for my usage of the title 'Cult of Laughter' in this regard, Smart Cookie has mentioned that there were cultists running around and the settling clearly states that the dead were raising. I didn't really know what the current cult was called so I just used the Cult of Laughter as a placeholder until it could be cleared up.

As for the assaults on his clinic, they were little more then small bandit raid size attacks with basic cultists and the odd zombie shield. Not really an army, but still enough to overwhelm isolated farm houses or small groups of travelers.

Fair enough. As I would suggest in most examples, I'd wait for Dawnscroll's verdict on your character. Might be worth noting it's a placeholder in the actual profile of your character, if anything.

Thanks for the advice. I made a note.

Just nearing the end of page two of the RP myself. I wasn't aware that the good Councilor had made an appearance.

It would appear as if she hasn't. Will Councilor Puddinghead be appearing in the near future? Because I might have a suggestion for how she can join in (At the same time as my guy, in fact.)

1182174 I kind of made that part up on the fly... Original Otus probably had no idea what the laughing dead was... but when I threw in the crazy giggle-grif in Otus' thoughts about the answer to Flag's question about the general sanity of anyone who mentioned the spirits, I decided to make him a laughing dead.

In a somewhat easier way to understand, Otus had only ever encountered one laughing dead before now, and his father had killed it with pyrite. He had no knowledge of them except that, and that they are creepy. That being the case, he decided to keep some pyrite close by, as it isn't rare in the grif lands. Pyrite is used in the winter to create huge bonfires that keep the roads generally free of snow, and light the way through rain and darkness during the other seasons.

So there's my character info patch regarding your confusion. :twilightsmile:

What can we say? RPG's drive bronies to drink. :facehoof: :pinkiehappy:

1186588>>1186074 Or just plain insanity. :pinkiecrazy:

Wait, some bronies still have their sanity? That contract I signed when I became one said that I had to give that up at the door. :rainbowderp:

1187485 I lost mine years ago, so I didn't have any problems getting in. :pinkiehappy:

Speaking of :pinkiehappy: , will the player soon to be known as Councilor Puddinghead still going to be joining this rp, or has there been a change of heart?

By the way, I just love how you play your character! I honestly can't wait to be approved so I can join in.

1187492 Huh, Thanks! I try and have all my characters have something in common with me, it helps me become them. From there I just have at it and act as they would.

I suppose the seven years of drama helps too...:twilightsheepish:

Huh. I dont see anything at odds here. I can see WHERE this had initially been for a Moon and Stars character, but atm it fits perfectly with the world. So you're approved. Welcome to the team.

So, let's review;

Calcite is our Tank
Otus is our Ranger
Pinpoint is our Marksman
Flag Waver is our Knight
Adagio is our Assasin
Hippocratic is our Medic
Smart Cookie is our... diplomat? Bard? I dunno.

We got a pretty decent party going on.

Also, I apologize for NOT posting. My hard drive is having a catastrophic failure, and our own dear Conicer is kind enough to help me through its final moment. Please all give a moment of silence...

*Pats on the back* It's okay. Your computer is going to techno heaven... Where the internet is never laggy, the download speeds are faster then you can imagine and herds of calculators prance in the fields merrily.

I'm going to put off joining for a little while. Sent a message to Conicer's sister about a possible way to introduce both our characters at the same time. Puddinghead shall be our bard. Smart Cookie can be our... monk? That works. Smart Cookie is our monk!

A moment of silence for our fallen hard drive.

It's gone to silicon heaven.

1187719>>1187720

Seriously, the things goes kapoot only a few weeks after it warranty ends. -_-; I have a uber crappy phone which, against all technical possibility (got in 2004. SOMEHOW connects to internet) which I write stuff from at work. But for my post, I'd prefer to sit down and write it, you know?

So now I'm just waiting for the new one to come in today or tmmrw. Oh, and freaking about hairloss. At 21. That too.

1187857 My dad lost his hair at 17. Alternatively My mom's grandfather died with a full head of hair... wait for it... after a full treatment of Kemo... So I really don't know how long my hair is going to last... I'm eighteen and haven't lost any yet... let's keep our fingers crossed.

Also, try not to stress out. I don't rightly know if you are chill or hotwired, but if you don't get your nerves up you won't lose your hair as fast...

1187709 A good lineup if you ask me, I think we've just about reached our party's completion.

Also, I haven't actually written anything yet... had to go pressure wash the front... but, if you will kindly respond to my PM, Dawn, I would love to get started now. :twilightsmile:

I wrote it anyway... Posted!

Just to inform everyone, Hippocratic Oath would still be at his clinic, which would be located somewhere around the Earth Kingdom / Unicorn Kingdom boarder (Since our winged friends live in the clouds, ground boarders are something that worries other ponies).

It's been there for about six months, so word about it would no doubt have gotten around. If nothing else, Smart Cookie would know about it, being in a high position of the government and all. :ajbemused:

1192018>>1187720>>1164448>>1186074>>1141038>>1123609Yeah... so I dont think Ill be able to post until my hard drive comes in. Hurry the hell up, Amazon!

My phone just cant seem to handle it. What do?

I usually keep my old electronics stuff from previous iterations of computers purely for this purpose - In case of spontaneous failures.

I once linked up my phone to an old computer of mine to see if it would run off of its specs (Note - I only tried to boot it up using the small amount of RAM it had.)

It took 2 hours and the results were.. Explosive. So there's an option, however destructive :pinkiecrazy:

Speaking of Amazon, fuck them. Actually, screw online shopping in general. I've been trying to get the second Phoenix Wright game since Christmas, all 7 of the orders have come back with some sort of problem.

Oh well, I'll play Pokémon instead.

1200155 Cool story bro.... Haha... Good luck! I guess... :applejackunsure:

1200427 ^_^; Im telling the truth. Conicer trying to help me keep this thing alive and Im out 50 bucks. you want to see the receipt? :ajbemused:

Can you ask Conicer for me if his little sister is still in this? If she isn't I'll write something up.

1200507 No, I believe you... that was my way of saying,

"I don't know what to do about your problems so I'll just wish you luck and move on."

Anyone working on a post? It's been a few days... :applejackunsure:

Indeed. I set off for holiday tomorrow, but I've been waiting on Conicer to post. I probably won't be able to post til' beyond Sunday after tomorrow ;p.

It's also bloody typical that I get a friggen cold a few days before I go on holiday >:l

1213206 Ah, I see. Sorry about your cold... same thing happened to me before Rome... It was gone as soon as we landed though. :derpytongue2:

Ooh, Rome. I'm going to a different part of Italy - Sorento. I love Italy :pinkiehappy:.

I hope the same happens to me tbh Dx. I don't deal with flights well, and having a cold on top of it all will possibly make things worse xD.

1213298 Yeah, I've been to Rome and the Tuscany area now. Italy is fantastic! Good luck to you my friend! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 362