The Musician's Group 21 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Drop in here to share your musical findings and see what others are listening to. I have included the track I'm currently listening to below which I was only recently introduced to and I love it.

I'm looking forward to hearing your favourites.

Martian
Group Admin

I love this kind of stuff - one guy, all instruments...

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Very cool. In my limited experience I prefer to be playing with other people, though. There's just something about slotting your part in just right to keep the whole ensemble going smoothly that's incredibly satisfying. On the other hand, I do have a project I hope to start soon in which I'll be doing all the parts. I just need to get back to my uni flat tomorrow and figure out this equipment I got for Christmas.

I'll reply with the track below, my guitar teacher with two others doing an acoustic trio cover of Bob Dylan's Make You Feel My Love. Video is terrible quality and mostly unnecessary to the track but this is what I mean when I talk about playing with others and having it fit in perfectly.

EDIT: Yes, they are called JLS. No, they have nothing to do with the terrible pop group. They were calling themselves JLS long before those guys got together.

Martian
Group Admin

597302 Well, I dunno what the JLS pop ground is anyway, so I was not jaded.

Is quite good.

I've been on a Florence and The Machine kick for a few weeks now; I love female singers who really pour energy and power into their voice.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

I have listened to a bit of Florence and The Machine before but I've never really liked her voice. I appreciate the power behind it, and obviously she's very talented but I've just never liked when singers throw in too much ornamentation. Like any cover of stuff like Losing My Religion or something like that when singers try to hard and put loads of extra notes and woah-woahs y'know?

Recently I've been fanatic over anything with an irregular or changing time signature, e.g. Tool, Dream Theater, Pink Floyd and so on. I've already put some Tool at the start of this thread so I'll link this as my example.

I was going to learn the bass part to this but my bass only has 5 strings :fluttershysad:

GUYS!

I HAVE FOUND THE WORLD'S MOST WONDERFUL INSTRUMENT!

I PRESENT TO YOU, THE OTAMATONE!

It sorta gets demonic and 1:20

anyway, music I actually listen to:

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Demonic singing spoon ladles. Now I've seen everything... except for a steampunk quintet. Okay, now I've surely seen everything. Right?

That lead singer seems a bit of a crazy character, I imagine he'd fit in quite well with Les Claypool

(Dammit he's my idol and I will make you love him)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7