The Musician's Group 21 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

YouTube videos, links to your Bandcamp, downloads of your work and suchforth. If you sing or play, this is where the spotlight is.

Comment posted by Martian deleted Jan 6th, 2013
Martian
Group Admin

I forgot why I had deleted the original share of this tune.

Oh wait; it is because it kinda sucks.

Well, no one else is feeling brave enough, so leave it to the hack to get the ball rolling. :trollestia:

Me on my small 9-note kalimba, 15 days after I first got it. This was roughly a month and a half ago at this point and I am a fair bit better, but I am having recording issues... First half of the song is more or less just a scale, second half is my own work, which is comprised of improvisation/random flailings that ended up sounding good. Sort of.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Cool sound man! I would have tried to get the ball rolling myself but I'm just off out now to pick up the last bit of cabling I need to record. But I think that's a great way to start this thread! Now you just need to fix your recording problems and we can see the difference a couple of months makes, especially if you can get to that standard after just a couple of weeks :yay:

I HAVE NO RECORDING EQUIPMENT!

I must resort to virtual synthesizers :(

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Well I've just had my first proper go at recording with my new setup, so here it is.
DISCLAIMER: recorded slightly intoxicated under the influence of whiskey and unedited, first 3 songs that came on shuffle in the playlist of songs I can stumble through (coincidentally all Primus), and I urge you to skip large chunks as it gets very repetitive with just the bassline. Links below to how they should be played.

My shite versions
Real versions:
American Life (00:00)
Spegetti Western (04:45)
Silly Putty (10:27)

This was mainly an exercise to see what sound I could get, I thought the 'drumming' on the strings at the start of Spegetti Western sounded quite cool but hey, that's just me...

Pinkie, you might want to encourage people to make new threads or something, with proper tags. Because replies aren't updated in feeds. Creation of new threads are.

Also, go like... tell Wanderer D to pimp this group or sutin, mon.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Want to become a mod and help out with that? I believe you to be trustworthy enough...

I don't think I need to be a mod for that. It's just about allowing people to create threads. Anyone can create threads in groups, I believe. It's not just mods. But usually people don't because groups don't like it, since it actually DOES alert everyone in a group unless they turn it off manually. So it's like, if a group makes random shit threads it sort of spams things.

I'm just remarking about this because the way you've made the 3 categories here means that no one else will ever be privy to new information.

In fact, the only reason why YOU know that I left a message here is because I directly replied to you. Otherwise you wouldn't even know I made a post here.

That's the limitations of the system.

Pinkie Primus
Group Admin

Just what I needed, being so stressed! Favourite was the flute arrangement of Lugia's theme, I'd never really appreciated how sweet the melody is, especially with a haunting solo flute tone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12