Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I’ve been continuously looking for ideas of YouTube content I could make that our pool my little pony related and my own style of contents. I really enjoyed sharing stories that I’ve read, and I tried reviewing them in the past with mixed results, but usually I feel like it’s lacking in something. Also, usually halfway through because of how difficult it ends up being, and how time-consuming in an already filled up time slot I have. So please consider this idea and tell me your honest opinion if this is a type of video you would be interested in checking out, and something that if I made it a regular thing you would watch regularly.

Instead of trying to review a story, or do you an audio reading of it with voice acting, I would pick a story and focus on the topic of the story. I would then spin A “consider this “type of monologue and discussion going over the choices that someone might make, or even talking about the difficult situation that the characters would be put into. After setting the scene and maybe offering my own thoughts of how things could go either and could present The story as a way of promoting the story but also leave the listener with a question that when considered would make them interested in reading said story.

6418047 Have you ever tried reactional reviews? Here's what I have in mind:
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/201778/rage-reviews/thread/109001/rage-review-rules-of-the-slumber-party-2-chapter

I don't know about the rest, but if my story was ever reviewed in such a way, I know I'd listen to it multiple times.

Well, my whole thing is I’m really bad at reading things allowed. So I don’t know how I would do a reactionary review unless I was using someone else’s audio reading, and I know that if I were to listen to something like that I would feel it’s a bit tacky.

And I really want to do storytelling, so if I were to tell a story that could draw someone in and then point them to someone else’s story that is similar but a completely different story, it might promote their work while at the same time giving me material to do my own thing. I know that a lot of authors write stories that Are inspired by other works. So I’m not directly stealing anything, I’m not really telling their story, I may be taking the situation that the character find them self in and weaving up my own story from it, and then at the end say “inspired by “and add the link.

Are inspired by other works. So I’m not directly stealing anything, I’m not really telling their story, I may be taking the situation that the character find them self in and weaving up my own story from it, and then at the end say “inspired by “and add the link.

What are your thoughts on something like that?

6418699 I know what you mean. When I watched this video:

I wrote my story:

[Adult story embed hidden]

And wrote 'inspired by' in the short description.

I know of another channels that does these 'inspired by stories'. Take cupcakes for example:

Yeah. Only instead of writing a story, I would be telling one. See you when I get really inspired and I get in the mood, I could tell you were really awesome story, give you the atmosphere and everything, but if you ask me to write it down I lose most of the good parts because it takes me so much longer to write it down, and then I lose interest halfway through writing it because it’s much more difficult for me.

6419426 So, you would make up a story on Youtube as you go along? Can you really figure out the characters, worldbuilding and plot twists in real-time?

Yup. Mind you, some details would be preplanned, and the ending would be already figured out, but everything else would be on the spot. Like saying you have a starting point, a midpoint, and a final destination on a map, but there are infinite roads that cross through all of them. Find whatever path you'd like to travel.

I kinda already do this story thing. I'll read a story and find a background character interesting, and wonder why they are there at that time, then in my head I put together a story of their day, like "Bon Bon's head shot off her pillow. Crap! She was late again. Scrambling out of her sheets and blankets, she rushed to the bathroom to speed through her daily ruitine of looking presentable to the world. Eh, maybe she'd skip the extra brushing to her coat. She didn't have time for that anyways.

On her way out she spied a note from Lyra on the table.

'Bon Bon, we're out. I kinda dropped most of them on accident when I stubbed my hoof on that loose tile. We really need to get that fixed. Lyra'

Sure enough, in the trashcan next to the fridge sat a goopy pile of cracked eggs. Bon Bon groaned, but a glance at the clock told her that she was already fifteen minutes late to work, and she was NEVER late. Who would open the shop? Every minute she wasted getting to work was a minute that customers weren't coming in and buying her confectionaries.

Galloping at top speeds, she weaved around the ponies as they milled about the streets, greeting each other, showing off new clothes, or simply on their way to the marketplace. It was about that time she heard an organ start to play, and fireworks, booming in a concofeny of crackles. Skidding to a hault, Bon Bon noticed that most of Ponyville stood in awe at a hastily errected stage next to a gypse wagon. A blue unicorn in a purple cape and wizard's cap captivated the audience in some sort of tale, using the aformentioned fireworks to etch out pictures in their glowing explotions, making them come to life in her magic. Well, if most of the ponies were here, there wasn't any harm seeing what all this fuss was about. After all, what's the point in opening your shop if there's no pony to pop in to shop?"

That was why Bon Bon may have been in the crowd during the episode we first met Trixie in. All that was made up on the spot as I was typing it. Other than spelling errors, how'd I do?

6419474 You did great! I don't think writing down your stories is a hindrance. The opposite might be true. Your story is awesome. You must have a vivid imagination.

Thanks. :pinkiesmile: Well, I also want to give the idea of making up a story on the spot a try for three reasons.

1. Because I'm terrible at reading things aloud, I don't like to practice it, thus memorizing the lines is a pain and takes much longer than I'd like to put into it. It takes the fun out of it for me, so I just don't do it.

2. Even if I did memorize the lines, I rarely read them vanilla. I adlib and improve without trying to, so sticking to just one solid script isn't easy for me, and again, takes the fun out of it for me.

3. As far as I know, I would be one of the first to try this, and so it would make my stories a bit more unique. With a bit of editing and some sound effects here and there, it could sound really good. If I can make it work, it would set my content apart from others, making it really original.

Who knows, I might ditch the idea of using another story for inspiration and make up a horror story. Think about it for a few days, figure out details, get behind the mic, and let my words bring it to life.

6420010 You know, you could just speak out your stories and the computer could write it all down for you. That way, you wouldn't get distracted and could focus just on the story.

I’ll consider that. But if I could pull off what I was saying, it could lead to some interesting stories. I’ve always wanted to join the MLP narration Community on YouTube. This is how I could’ve my own way.

6420365 You won't know until you try it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12