Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
arandompenguin
Group Admin

Hi there, and welcome back to our second week for our Featured Fics. We have a couple of stories for you tonight, so make sure you check them out and give them the feedback they deserve!

For this week’s Admin’s Pick, I got to choose. After having a quick read through of a couple of the fictions within our folders, I remembered that I had already nominated a fic to be featured prior to me receiving this opportunity to feature a story. The fic in question is ‘Journey to Equestria’ by Aldrigold. In this story, the ponies are being ruled by the Gryphons, and made to perform their menial tasks like mining, weather working and crop growing. The characterisation of the OCs is excellent, I really felt for each character and I found myself rooting for them as Aldrigold described their escape. The concept itself is also pretty unique, the sort of adventure fic that really sticks in your mind long after you’ve stopped reading it, and getting you to beg the author for updates. (Something I’ve abstained from doing--for now)

I found myself struggling to come up with any cons when I was writing his review, even the grammar of the piece is pretty decent. The pacing is good, and I can tell that it’s been thought out beforehand, each chapter making you almost unconsciously click the ‘Next Chapter’ button with your desire to read more. The story itself is set 300 years prior to Nightmare Moon’s banishment, and Aldrigold manages to capture that sort of essence that makes the Equestria he’s made seem real.

Overall, my only qualm with this fic would be that it’s not yet written, so I have to wait for updates. I would thoroughly recommend you check out this fic and give it the likes and faves it deserves.

Anyway, that’s it from the Admin’s Pick this week, make sure you check out Journey to Equestria. Also, make sure you read below for the Ratings fic for this week.

Aqu
Aqu #2 · Jan 9th, 2013 · · ·

Again, as a reminder: The second feature is not based on quality or high rating, it is based on a lack of rating or low rating.

The second featured fic, based on ratings, or lack thereof in this case, is Cloudwalker Chronicles. The fiction has not received much in terms of views or reviews, so please help the author with some constructive criticism, compliments, complaints and suggestions.

Glad to see Cloudwalker Chronicles up here in the featured. It definitely deserves it and I hope that it gets more views and reviews from being here. Great job Aqu and arandompenguin for performing your adminy duties!

arandompenguin
Group Admin

605678 Heh, thanks. It was fun to do, and I certainly found a fair number of pretty good fics on my trawls through the folders.

I'm reading that fic and it is very good. I definitely recommend it. :heart: :pinkiehappy:

My best guess as to the slow updates for the author is real life as he does in fact write for a living-he is a published author- (I know him on another site) so sometimes that takes precedence over fanfics. But I'm pretty sure he hasn't forgotten/abandoned it.

arandompenguin
Group Admin

605755 Indeed, I've been assured that he is working on the next chapter.

I am, I promise! I'm also working on the reviews of those who have reviewed me! :scootangel:

Thanks so much for the feature!

arandompenguin
Group Admin

610181 No problem, thanks for writing the story!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8