Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
vren55
Group Admin

It has come to my attentions that due to the rapid expansion of our group, we've been getting members that actually don't write at all
Fear not.

You have several options!

Option 1: Write your own story and add it to the group! To help you I have some nice places where you can learn how to write a good story. THe School for New Writers have people to help you make your idea into a story. And if you are still struggling, head over to Struggling Authors. Fimfiction.net site admin Wanderer D also has several excellent "How to" guides that are funny and extremely useful as they consult multiple experienced authors on this site.

Option 2: You can't figure out how to write a story, but you love reviewing and spreading the word on good fics. We've got a job for you. Go to the group folder. Go through the lowest rated fics and if they don't have a review (from our group), write one, and recommend another story from the same folder or even a story that you edit for. I want every story in that folder to have a review by the middle of this January!

Option3: You've read everything, as unlikely as that is, or you're sick of reading. Well, Inky and I will be doing a Featured Fics of the week thread every week, so I want you people to post nominations for next week's stories in the featured fics thread of the past week.

Criteria
There are two categories, Admin's Pick and Lowest Rated! Admin's Pick is any particularly nice story that we think deserves to be featured. Lowest Rated is any story that dearly needs a review, like or fav and they are selected from the lower rated fics in our folder (just press the Sort by Ratings button).
That's all for today members!

Due to college, I will likely be doing more reviewing than I will writing. Therefore, unless I ask for a review, don't worry about it.
Scratch that. I will have to rely on my multitasking skills. I will review as much as I can, but I can't walk away from this idea in my head. I have to write it. It is too big and it is an itch I need to scratch. (Is this how addictions start?) I'm also beginning to think about nicknaming my story "Doctor Who" as it is going on it's third reincarnation. Hopefully I will never make it to number eleven as that would be a lot of drafts.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2