Authors Helping Authors 2,462 members · 8,593 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

It's the moment you've been waiting for, Dark Tower fans: featured fic #19!:trollestia:

And this week, I've chosen One by Helljumper117.

Princess Luna remembers her transformation into Nightmare Moon, and a single irrevocable act she committed on that fateful night.

This is a short read, but a good one. You have probably seen a few stories about Luna's fall, but this is a clever take on her transformation. Just watch what the author does with the princess's thoughts throughout the story, and the way they are turned upside-down at the critical moment. That moment, and the emotional consequences it has for Luna, even a thousand years afterward, are well realized. I liked the sense of regret that pervades the story, and it's moral is a beautiful and wise one.

Fans of Luna will find much to love here. Her characterization is fantastic throughout.:twilightsmile:

If you are looking for a short but powerful read that gives insight into everyone's second-favorite princess, look no further!

965525 get reqdy for the woona fans to burn your house down.

Fair warning

Second favorite? Hardly.

Luna is best princess.

On the other hand, I thought the fic took a complex situation and trivialized it. Well written, but not very rewarding. Then again, my standards are absurdly high.

-Scott

I was about to get all up in arms about the "Second Favourite Princess" comment... But then I realised you're right. Twilight is best Princess, hooves down :twilightsmile:

Twilight's a princess? I seem to have blocked that travesty from my mind...

965757>>965767>>967295

Ha ha! I may have a favorite, but really I love them all. (I am recommending a Luna fic, after all.) :twilightsmile:

Pfffft, i would put Luna in charge of a middle school student government let alone a nation. Most people are dumbasses and have the woona beer goggles on.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7