Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Okay so I had this idea earlier today, obviously about posting fics. I have recently come back to the site and I want to get back into things so I wanted to do something challenging and fun! So the idea is very simple. I give myself a maximum of 3 hours to write a fic as best as I can with my given time. And post it as its own entity. However I want to also post these stories as a whole. Under one fic, but instead of chapter updates they would each individually represent a story of its own. So my question here is, can I post a story then re-post the same material, same name, same everything just under a different fic. :rainbowhuh:

Confusing I know see if your a bit lost, here's an example. :yay:

Story 1: Test subject. - Original post.

Story Compilation: Story 1(test subject)
story 2(test subject)

and so on and so forth. I would much appreciate some clarification as to not offend and or get on the bad side of any admins.:scootangel:

Post them as chapters of the same story because they share base material, but make it a point in the long and short descriptions that each chapter is an independent story. That way, you won't be troubled with having to wait for each individual submission if you had posted them as separate stories, and people who might be interested by the first will find the other stories within arm's reach.

It clearly states that you cannot post "individual chapters as separate stories" in the rules.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3