Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I've given like three reviews today, but I want to see if there is anyway I could add to my reviews! Any tips and advice would be appreciated!

Talk about grammar, sentence fluency, word choice, creativity, and originality. After talking about everything, give it a score from one to ten, preferably with a decimal. Trust me, I do this EVERY TIME I finish a story.

Always start with the positive, then work you way to the negative. Finally, you end with what you liked most from the story. It's helps the author be optimistic about the progress of their work.

Also, check for Parallelism and Active/Passive Voice. The first is key for sentence fluency; the second helps with defining action.

Hingard
Group Admin

Look up this forum- founders advice

Also please delete this post after 1 week

Cool! Can I have a review? I would like a review from someone as supertastically amazing as you!

Try not to just leave someone with the "good" and the "bad" lists; drop a few suggestions that you think may be able to help them improve or polish areas in their story that need it. Now, obviously, you shouldn't be overbearing about it - this is their story, after all - but if they need help, give them a few things to think about.

I personally like the "official" AHA format, I used to do something like that before I even found this group. It focuses on good/bad/good (the nicest way to criticize) and specific areas of improvement. I know that's what I want from a review: what could I have done better?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8