Ingress 698 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

As the title might suggest, I'd like to know a little about the Wonderbolts in regards to the Ingress 'verse, seeing as we haven't got any solid information that I've seen. Saying that, though, I haven't had the necessary time to go through and read all of the Ingress'verse stories. Back on topic: What I'm mostly looking for is relatin to the Wonderbolts. Are they a paramilitary orginization? Are they the special forces of the airforce? What roles do they play in this universe? What is Rainbow Dash's main positioning in the hierarchy, and what does she do? Are they likely enough to cross-train with other militaries? If so, how would the Wonderbolts interact? This is some simple information that I need regarding a rather spontaneous idea I thought up while reading an Ingress'verse story.

Thanks!

Anonymous Pegasus
Group Admin

Well, this is all up for discussion. The 'soft canon' approach works wonders. You can write whatever the hell you want in regards to the canon and I just call it 'soft canon' and it doesn't get taken as 'true' or 'factual' :rainbowwild:

As far as actual canon though, I haven't had much thoughts on it, really. I guess they're not termed a 'real' military organisation in the way the human world would look at it. In our world, we have militaries, armies, and police forces, etc etc. Equestria has the Royal Guard, and the Wonderbolts as their 'special forces' of a sort. But they have to deal with different things.

Civil unrest doesn't seem to be a big theme in Equestria, and neither does 'wars', but both are handled, from what I can see, by the Royal Guard.

So I guess that the Wonderbolts, for the sake of Ingress, are a 'special needs' force for dealing with extreme circumstances. Dragon rampages, etc etc. Stuff that the royal guard doesn't have the expertise or training to deal with.

As far as positioning and heirarchy goes. It depends on WHEN during Ingress you set the story. One year after, Rainbow Dash would only be a junior member. Two to five years after, and she would be a 'senior' member, and after five years or so I think it's safe to say she would have grown up enough to become a junior vice captain/lieutenant general or whatever you wanna call it. Second in charge.

Spitfire will be captain and Soarin will be second in command for the forseeable Ingress future.

Earth militaries and pony factions do not engage in cross-training on a military level. This is due to events that transpired during the first year of Ingress, that I have to go into in more detail later on. :pinkiecrazy:

845280 Ahh, that's nice to know, at least! Thanks for providing the information, it'll gimme a little base to use and build upon now, rather than starting and making a random story! Kinda stinks that cross-training is out, though, but now its perked my interest! I'm guessing you'll cover it though, so no worries, eh?

Anyways, thanks and hope you have a great day/night!

Anonymous Pegasus
Group Admin

845320 Oh yeah.

Current idea I'm toying with is that a military group broke into the portal and tried to kidnap a pony for study. Applejack, specifically. A poor middle-eastern country hires mercenaries to bring them a pony to try and study how they make agriculture work so well. You know, because feeding the populace is actually somewhat of a problem for some countries, and there's no 'magic bullet'. Except earth pony magic :pinkiecrazy:

845330 Ah, see for this story I'm kinda contemplating on writing up, a small merc group funded by the U.K/etc. are sent in to train the Equestrian Wonderbolts on hostage rescue and other stuff that might happen in the 'modern' workd. I could fit this in nicely too, seeing as maybe Equestria doesn't want the same thing to happen twice :D

But, y'know, cross training, so the merc group would learn hand-to-hand I guess. The story might not fit flawlessly, but hey, its worth a try in my eyes, lol

I know I already said this, but thanks again for clarifying! Not everyday you talk with an awesome author! :D

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5