Friends Of All Generations 295 members · 316 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Why is it that if you make a MLP fanfic with other generations it still has to be counted as a crossover? In reality, it is part of the same franchise, so I never got why it must still be tagged as such. Then again, it could be because most MLP fan sites and message boards are always G4 based. Perhaps I could be missing something here that someone here can explain. I can still remember when that disappointing MLP Generations comic came out not that long ago, even that was considered a crossover as well.

I've never tagged a multi-generational fic as a crossover when writing it. For the purposes of this group, FIM does not count as a generation. Because the site is FimFiction, FIM (or G5) content is somewhat implied. If you write a straight G1 fic, it goes in the G1 folder. If you write a G1-G4 crossover, it also goes in the G1 folder. Multi-generational fics must contain at least two generations in addition to FIM.

As for the site rules, I'm unclear if straight G1, G2, and/or G3 fics are allowed. I've written a G1 standalone and it hasn't been taken down, but that isn't the same as 'expressly allowed by the site rules'. I'd be happy if the site had G1, Tales, G2, and G3 tags.

I was referring to when doing any fanfics involving different generations in why they always have to be tagged as crossovers even though they are part of the same franchise regardless of its generation.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3