Metroid Fics 202 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Metroid Prime
Group Admin

Since its been almost a year since a thread was posted on the group, I thought I'd sit down and tell you the story of how I played my first ever Metroid game.

Metroid Fusion

So my dad comes home from work and wakes me up, I come down and he shows me the Game Boy game he bought off of a co-worker. I put it in my Game Boy Advance and he tells me I have 1 minute to play it, but since we don't have a timer on our hands, my dad just uses to Microwave heat nothing up but rather relying on the countdown that comes starts when you heat something up. So in those 60 seconds I was stonewalled at the part were you get missiles and you have to vent panel near the beginning of the game(keep in mind I was played a saved file).

Later I was again stonewalled at the 1st Sector(SRX), before you fight that Trizo since I didn't know where to go. As I progressed throughout the game I became even more scared to pick it up and play it, not just from how the SA-X's soulless eyes stared at me when I got a close up, but from a number of other things.

Every time I entered the Frozen Containment where the Ridley clone was kept, it was not the damaging cold that forced me out, but the sheer creepiness of that music that played every time I entered it. And let me tell you that the sound of the music is one of only two things that made me scared to go out at night to use the toilet, the only other fear was after I watched "I AM Legend" and learned what Darkseekers are.

But the most scariest part was when I faced Ridley-X for the first time.

Now let me elaborate that when I battled to boss, I for some reason decided to go into my mom's car which was parked in the driveway, in the middle of the afternoon, and kids were also laughing and playing in the street while my mom was also outside talking to a friend.

Yet despite all the sunshine and Rainbows, the very screams that came out of Ridley were enough to give me Goosebumps.

I didn't even finish the battle until a few days later because I was to scared to pick up the game.

But eventually I finished the game and moved on to other things like Prime Hunters and when I got Metroid Prime Trilogy for Christmas.

So yeah, I am one who truly understands why Metroid can at times be a scary game series.

Mine was Metroid Prime. I only got to play Metroid Fusion sometime later. Metroid Prime was pretty scary at points, especially with the Chozo Ghosts that come out of nowhere.

However, my favorite Metroid game was Metroid Prime 2. I just liked the atmosphere of Aether for some reason.

What about those times on the first play through when SA-X walks in randomly? Those moments were heart stopping :applecry:

The worst SA-X encounter was the one in the Tropic Sector you go through in the other half of the game after you get the Wave Beam. That was terrifying.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6