Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Just creating something to create something, not part of the story I am writing out:twilightsmile:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Crystal Empire vs The Grand Pack

Player: Crystal Empire

Crystal Empire units:
40 Crystal Knights
10 Crystal Mages

vs

The Grand Pack units:
80 Battle hounds

The Situation:

The previous patrol has failed to check in. Your job is to locate any of the members of the previous patrol and return them for a debrief if any are found alive.

The two patrol units assigned to the task have entered a small valley when the enemy springs their ambush. The valley is not terribly big (enough to cut the biting winds from the mountains), nor is it steep. It is open territory though, so the enemy coming at the patrols from in front and on the flanks is a problem. The entrance point you came from has also been blocked in with rocks (climbable, but this would take awhile) cutting off the obvious route of escape.

Objective:

repel the enemy attack and continue the search for the missing patrol
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This is doable people, you just have to think outside the box a bit

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Launch drones?

:rainbowlaugh: I'll do this later.

:rainbowlaugh: The city isn't even up and running yet!

Preemptive attacks :twilightangry2:

Thirty knights charge forward in a wedge formation against the enemies on our right flank, remaining knights cover their asses with five mages to keep em alive. The rest of the mages keep my main force alive while they tear the puppies to shreds.

After all enemies on the right flank are destroyed the knights are to maneuver around the mess going on behind them. They position themselves behind enemy troops and charge (wedge formation for maximum ass-kicking).

All of this was done assuming that enemy forces were evenly split in a three way offensive, which leaves three groups of 26 roughly speaking. Since crystal knights are best infantry and mages keep em alive, then I don't think 26 would last long against thirty and I believe 10 can hold their own against forty something in the short spam of time it takes my main force to kick some ass.

:derpytongue2: I may have derped on this one but I believe it to be sound enough.

playing with the assumption of evenly split forces is a derp, on other battlefields. As it stands, I derped on that detail so good on ya:derpytongue2:

you are fighting at a nearly 1:1 ratio, but the knights are indeed best fighters so i'll give yea that.

that wedge...:twilightoops: ...:rainbowlaugh:
It is true, a charge in wedge formation kicks all sorts of ass

10 against what would essentially be 40 something with that counter-charge...:unsuresweetie: even I'm not sure how to call that one. If I had some executive decesion made from outside my power, I could give a firm decision on that one:twilightsheepish:

All in all, a fine victory

Seems simple enough. I split my forces into three groups. Two groups of 10 knights with 5 mages and the third group consisting of 20 knights.
The two groups with the mages will charge in wedge formation at the enemies coming at my flanks. Rather than try to hold and defeat them they are to power through the enemy ranks and circle around to come behind the group of enemies coming from the front.
The group of 20 knights shall also charge in wedge formation towards the enemy coming from the front. Once more, rather than engage and destroy, they are to power through the enemy ranks and join up with the other two groups who should have circled around by now. They will then turn around and charge at the enemy in one massive wedge formation with the mages in the center constantly healing the knights on the outside.

Now that I'm charging at the enemy from the other side it shouldn't be too hard to trap them against the rocks that had been behind me.

522328 That good?

I'm finding it terribly funny that everyone is now deciding to wedge up:rainbowlaugh:

At least you are putting the enemy in the trap as opposed to you with your style.

I award you victory as well, though you will most likely have fewer mages with you I would think

522564 Wedges are just the natural tactic in this kind of situation.

522564 522575

My little tactician, Wedges are magic...

Did you really just pull a horrible pun like that?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Using the so-called by Guardian 'standard Crystal Empire formation' I did, 20 Knights at the front, 10/10 on the sides and Mages behind them. Bust right through the attacking forces in the front, hopefully leaving most of the attackers behind us. Once they're behind, I flip my formation to have the Knights facing the enemy and take out the rest.

Because too much wedges after just glancing when scrolling down, and I didn't even read the specifics above until after this.

The challenge kinda disappeared after the first one huh?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Eh. After seeing your comment about 'wedges', I kinda figured out the gist of the solutions.

Besides, I think that has a bigger chance of them getting stuck in the middle. Not good.

I awarded the first one mostly because he focused his forces to hit the edge then swung around with them hitting the center then the left preemptively as opposed to waiting for the enemy to come to him.

I was being more than a little lazy towards TRB as his would have a much greater chance of no, you're dead.

522957 :fluttercry: I'd have prefered an honest answer.....

flip a coin. if heads, your forces on the side managed to tear through them and you win. otherwise you lose cause your forces got bogged down.

And many lols were had that day...

A wedge charge, stuck? What madness is this?! :applejackconfused:

Everypony knows that the answer to any problem is a wedge charge :ajsmug: or a nuke... Or several nukes in wedge formation... Yeah! That'll do it! :rainbowkiss:

15 troops vs 26; I foresee the possibility that the troops could get stuck due to the sheer numbers:applejackconfused:

Guardian
Group Admin

522328 I think this time I'll go all soicopath and use the Knights as sheilds. :pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19