Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 212 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 212
The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

That's basically the point I was making. The unit is starting to cross over into hero unit territory. It's not bad, but it just needs to be worked out a little bit to see how it can fit.

Guardian
Group Admin

815045 Good point, mabye each faction could have one or two "half-hero" units? It's been done before in strategy games.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Yea, that is a good point. Let's wait for Bloodpool's input.

Guardian
Group Admin

815073 Speaking of the Royal Scouts, however, are they suposed to be like a ponified cross between USMC Force Recon and US Army Rangers, or something like that? (Because that would be epic.)

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

At the core, they're like the CIA Special Activities Division. At least, that's what Special Intel and Recon is.

The Royal Scouts is a more combat-oriented subdividion and tend to operate more as military than spooks. They're a glorified mix of USMC Scout Snipers and USAF Combat Control (I think it's called Combat Control at least).

And because of the All Types of Rain influence on some of my creations, they're also somewhat US Special Forces (I mean, just look at my avatar pic). If I ever get to it in AToR, I personally say rhat we're the 'Studies and Observation Group'. And throw in some British SAS in there too.

Guardian
Group Admin

815133 That's kind of how I pictured Marcus, a CIA SAD/SOG agent.

I pictures the Imperial Agents as being like the CIA with some FBI and Secret Service elements as well. (Like mabye the FBI H.R.T., one of the best hostage rescue groups in the world.)

And let me guess, if you were in MLP Vietnam, you'd be MACV-SOG? I'd be too. :ajsmug: But then again, Marines ain't bad either. I'm even writing an actual novel for school about a Marine in Vientam.

Guardian
Group Admin

815133 Oh, and they're called USAF Combat Control Teams. :scootangel: (Although, personally, I admire Para-Rescue more.)

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Well I think calling in airstrikes and working alongside Marines or Army on the ground is cool, so... :twilightsheepish:

Guardian
Group Admin

815180 :rainbowlaugh: I don't blame you. I, personally, would prefer sneaking to the enemy base in the middle of the night and taking them out in their sleep, kind of like what we did to Bin Laden. :rainbowlaugh: (Speaking of which, have you seen Zero-Dark-Thirty?)

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

No. :derpytongue2: I want to see that and Act of Valor.

Guardian
Group Admin

815216 Good, it was boring. :rainbowlaugh: The whole movie was basically a mystery/drama film, with not very much mystery in it. :applejackunsure: The only real good part in at the end where the SEALs raid the compound. And Act of Valor was a bit disappointing.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Yeah... Well, probably not as bad as the Red Dawn remake. :rainbowlaugh: Good thing I never saw that either!

I remember hearing less than great things about Act of Valor, but I still want to see it.

Guardian
Group Admin

815231 Oh Lord, Red Dawn was more unrealistic than Homefront, Freedom Fighters, Modern Warfare 3, and Battlefield 3 all combined.... which are all video games. But still, pretty darn unrealistic. :derpytongue2:

And what was with that cliffhanger! :twilightangry2:

I know this is old, but Force Recon is a recon force designed to scope out and enemy and get the fuck out. The Rangers are designed to go on nighttime airborne raids, fuck shit up, and then hold until the regulars can catch up.

They literally have nothing in common.

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 212