Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 212 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 212
Bloodpool
Group Admin

697296>>697245>>697200>>697063
Keep in mind that I didn't ask this guy to do these for us... He just did.

Dragons have a new theme now.:twilightsmile:

And then Changelings were Zerg.

Guardian
Group Admin

711586 Now you've gotten me wanting to write a story about Spike joining his kin. :applejackconfused: (Those are pretty good, BTW :ajsmug:) But then again, I repeat my previous question, what if Spike were a drake?

Bloodpool
Group Admin

711648 I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Drake"... Currently, Spike is classified as part of the "Common Dragon" sub-species. Why's he so small? Well, in my mind, there are several factors that are responsonsible for the aging process. Most importantly, a dragon must aquire a hoard; The bigger the hoard, the bigger the dragon gets: This is why all dragons are so desperate to aquire gold, jewels, and other items that would otherwise be of no interest to them.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

This is really a stupid idea, but can we make Cadance a hero unit by making her like an Assassin? I mean, she can fly, has magic, is an alicorn which makes her stronger than a normal pony, and has a long-ish Italian name. That's like, perfect.

Also, Changelings were always zerg. :derpytongue2:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

724187 Hmm... I suppose we could. As always, if you think you can write it, I can add it.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

*Gasp* We can have Master Assassin Cadence Mi Amore Cadenza da Canterlot? :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :facehoof: :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

724240 Well, I suppose the Royal Assasins need a commander of some sort... :twilightsmile:

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Hell, she's going to be more useful than her husband. :rainbowlaugh:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

You got that right. I mean, come on! When's the last time you saw him do anything significant?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Here you go! In character too! Take what you want from it.

Royal Scouts Special Intelligence and Reconnaissance Division Identity Profile: Princess Cadance

Full name Cadence Mi Amore Cadenza, she is an alicorn of status between those of Celestia and Luna and regular ponies. Though her potential is slightly shadowed by that of her two spacial-body controlling relatives, she is nonetheless a strong leader. Her current authority along with Shining Armor is over the Crystal Empire, which despite its looks, has hidden advantages yet to be discovered.

She has the ability to sustain a shield for extended periods of time and over a substantially large area. Being an alicorn, her physical and magical strength is also higher than that over normal ponies. She has shown to be able to maintain calmness during distress. But most importantly, do not be undeterred by her kind and peaceful appearance, even with her talent being that of love.

Every pony has their dark side. While Celestia may seem to be able to show hers and Luna definitely able to display it, Cadance, being the patron of love, must be... discreet about it. With all the advantages of an alicorn and her status, she was simply the easiest choice as the head of the Royal Assassins. There is nearly no suspicion that the lady-like princess also holds the title of Master Assassin.

Like all other Royal Assassins, she wields bladed weapons suitable for clean and quick killing. Her magic allows her to throw knives from a distance. Flight assists her in surprising the enemy or make an escape. She also has the ability to cloak, though like all others, must uncloak when a weapon is drawn. However, her physique and the best equipment and swords either Canterlot or the Crystal Empire have to offer allow her to hold her own in a fight against multiple enemies, should it come to that.

As a last resort and depending on the enemy, she could use her love magic to calm her enemies and make a quick escape. Make no mistake, the only way to eliminate her is through overwhelming force or numbers while preventing escape, from a distance, or another highly trained assassin.

Addendum: If I see Princess Cadance in a hooded cloak, I am walking the other way. -Captain Stardust

Bloodpool
Group Admin

724403 Ok, done. She's been added to the guide under the Equestrian faction.
[EDIT: Think you can write me up the Alicorn Twilight hero unit?]

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Fun fact: I'm actually working on an entire battle scenario, which includes Alicorn Twilight as an optional hero unit, 2 weeks - month after coronation. I actually don't know if I should give her combat abilities by default.

Bloodpool
Group Admin
The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

So... combat abilities by default?

EDIT: Also, should we have Royal Guard Earth Ponies?

Guardian
Group Admin

724872 What would Royal Guard Earth Ponies do? :rainbowderp: Being a beefed up version of Earth Ponies?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Lol I don't know. They're apparently canon though, but I still think that was animation error.

Guardian
Group Admin

725994 On a side note, I don't think Assassin Cadence is the best idea, it sounds more like something Luna would do. Assassin Luna! :pinkiecrazy:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

726166 Well, it's already been written. I'm not gonna change it without a very good reason.
725994 Combat Abilites please.

Also, I'm pretty sure we had Earth Pony Royal Guards from the start. They'd all be like Big Mac, but with military training to boot.

Guardian
Group Admin

726201 Another side note, weren't you going to change the zombie faction? And were's the Saddle Arabian faction?

Bloodpool
Group Admin

726223 See this thread for an awnser to your question.

Guardian
Group Admin

726260 So, mind if I make the Saddle Arabian faction? (And no, I won't include suicide bombers, because that's just racist. :ajbemused:) ¿Habla usted español? :moustache:

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Earth pony Royal Guards aren't in the guide.

Also, I guess I'm gonna have to write up the Alicorn Twilight description before I finish the scenario.

The idea was originally kind of a joke, as evident by my reasoning of

and has a long-ish Italian name

but I've actually gone over the idea before and it works pretty good. Plus Bloodpool said that if I can write it, it'll go, so... yeah.

Oh yeah, and the suicide bomber thing was a joke too. I'm not against jokes actually being used provided they make sense, but it's just meant to be a joke. Anything further isn't in my plan.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

Hey, you're right... I'm suprised they hadn't been put in before... I'll just leave it as it is for now. I haven't seen any Earth Pony Royal Guards in the show yet, so I don't see much point in adding them just now.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Actually, the Earth pony Royal Guard was the FIRST pony to be seen in season 3. (I still think that's an animation oversight though)

Bloodpool
Group Admin

726509 Judging by the fact that we haven't seen any since, I'd agree with you on the idea that it's an animation oversight/error.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Royal Scouts Special Intelligence and Reconnaissance Division Identity Profile: Twilight Sparkle, Post-Coronation

Previously a unicorn, her form was only recently upgraded into an alicorn. She retains much of her past self, really, with the only differences being the added physical strength and more magic reserves and higher possible output of said magic with less physical exhaustion. Along with her coronation, Twilight was given by Celestia a new set of armor and a sword, to coincide with the battle-leading duties a princess might have to take up. Her ability to multi-task makes her very deadly, sword and magic combined.

Notably, she has the least fighting experience compared to Celestia, Luna, and Cadance. Not to say that she isn't skilled, as her brother in the Guard surely trained her. Celestia, her mentor, also decided that periodical training sessions would be good even before coronation. After her coronation, improving her combat abilities were one of the things emphasized.

Addendum: Something feels wrong here... -Captain Stardust

There. Combat Ability for Twilight is automatically researched.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

727106>>726327>>625593>>697245

Zombie ponies.

Common units:

Nightmares:
Nightmares are predecessors of Bone Fiends, their time of conversion determines how much it will take for their flesh to fall from their bones. The stench of their rotting flesh can prove distracting for enemies in the battlefield. Their glowing eyes makes them terrifying in combat, but makes them easy to spot at large distances. Nightmares form the bulk of Sunny Town's warriors, being standard fighters with lower than average strength.

Bone Fiends:
Bone Fiends are Nightmares that have served the ranks of Sunny Town for an extended period of time. Their flesh has long since rotted away, rendering them light on their hooves and very stealthy as a result. Their lack of fur or skin makes them undetectable by scent, unlike most of Sunny Town's fighters, and while their glowing eyes are problematic in ambushes, they make up for it in speed. They can move across large areas without tiring nor stopping, and then they can run it twice more with no fatigue. All of it in complete silence. Their frames are fragile however, and prolonged melee combat will quickly prove fatal for them.

Newly Infected:
Sunny Town's Newly infected are predecessors to Nightmares, being the newest and most recently converted ponies. They still hold their muscle tissue intact and their strength and resistance is thus greater than other Sunny Town fighters, but their unscathed (for the most part) appearance does not cause as much terror in their foes. As undead, they feel no fatigue and thus can fight, run, and haul heavy objects for extended periods of times without problem, but the fact that they still hold muscle tissue and that they still use it means that they can overexert themselves and become injured if pushed beyond their limits. Their non glowing eyes makes them suitable for ambushes, though their speed is still that of an average pony.

Special Units:

Brain fiends:
Sunny Town's fighters are numerous and unyielding seas of terror and rotting flesh, but no more than that. Their ability to plan and mobilize themselves in an orderly manner is nonexistent. That's where the Brain fiends come in. The infection treated them differently than the majority of others, and allowed them to conserve their brains mostly intact. Thus, they are still able to solve basic problematics and produce spontaneous solutions to simple enemy strategies. There's a wall to overcome? Leave it to the Brain Fiends to find the small sewers beneath them. Enemy soldiers are heavily entrenched in front of a mountain pass? The Brain fiends will see if they can climb the mountain and surround them. Their capacity is very basic, but they will allow you to field a wider variety of strategies other than "everyone charge at that thing"

Bile fiends:
Bile fiends are the missile fighters of Sunny Town. The infection enlarged and weaponized their digestive organs into bile hurling organs that remain at work despite them being braindead. The amount of bile coursing through their bodies has turned them into beings that despise any living creature though, and they will fire as soon as they spot anything living.

Heroes:
Grey Hoof: Leader of Sunny Town and party planner extraordinaire. Grey Hoof is an expert in organization and planning, making him a top notch strategist and a very resourceful leader. He fights barehooved like most other Sunny Towners. His presence permits for complex strategies to be available.

Three Leaf: Sunny Town's local gardener, Three Leaf is an expert botanist and knows her way around the Everfree like the back of her hoof. She can use the terrain to her advantage like no other and ambushes are a specialty of hers. Her presence allows for complex strategies to be available.

Roneo: Grey Hoof's guardspony, Roneo is charged with guarding Mitta and protecting Sunny Town from attack. He is at his element when it comes to defense and will prove very resourceful when under attack. His presence allows for complex strategies to be available.

Gladstone: A general of Sunny Town, Gladstone will allow for more advanced strategies to be employed in combat. His presence will also increase the chance of infection.

Starlet: A general of Sunny Town, Starlet will allow for more advanced strategies to be employed in combat. His presence will also increase the chance of infection.

Credit for this faction goes to the unsinkable Irongalley! He took the idea and ran with it!
~Bloodpool

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Odd request here, but can you move the Twilight descriptions next to each other instead of being split? It kinda irks me. :twilightsheepish:

And uh, while I'm here, do you want me to do any more special descriptions? Maybe polish something? I've got a small streak of inspiration, don't know for how long.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

...can you move the Twilight descriptions next to each other instead of being split? It kinda irks me.

Um, ok, sure...:rainbowderp:
Anyway, I don't have much that I need doing right now... Hmm... Well, if you see something in the guide that you think needs re-writing, go right ahead.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Not really. I just thought that it might be cooler to have better character bios, but it's also supposed to be a guide for stats and abilities, so a good balance of the two must be kept.

Fun fact: Noyoki1 actually already proposed a description for Cadance months ago. I think it was pretty boring. :derpytongue2:

Guardian
Group Admin

730994 :trixieshiftright: Thank you, Bloopool, you've given be a great idea for a new battle sim. Oh, and I have a new special unit for the Mercenary Bands.

Special Unit

The Wolf Pack:
Hybrids of Wolves and Dogs, the members of The Wolf Pack are especially dangerous warriors. They prefer to hunt for their foes in groups, almost never going solo. Being half Wolf, they are definitely more feral and more vicious. They usually employ stealth went hunting targets as they can track their scent long distances. In battle, they use short curved swords, though they are more adept at using their teeth and claws even more so than Diamond Dogs. They also work very well with Diamond Dogs. Finally, becuase of their half Wolf genetics, the Wolf Pack Dogs should be monitored as they suffer from a bloodlust that grows the longer they are exposed to combat. The greater the bloodlust grows, the more aggressive, rageful, and reckless they temporarily become. If you get to close to them while they are fighting in their states of rage, they may accidentally end up wounding or killing you.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

I'm going to work off of what this made me think of and say we should have a mercenary tamed Timberwolves option. That be awesome.

Guardian
Group Admin

731869 Keep Spike away from them. :rainbowlaugh:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

731869 How about a merc unit that employs Timberwolves as attack dogs?

Guardian
Group Admin

724303 Well, techincally neither of them ever did anything significant in the show, except in the season 2 finale and the season 3 premier.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Just to clear this up, Gryphon Heavy Infantry can fly, right? And do they have any ranged units other than the mercs?

Bloodpool
Group Admin

738157 Yes, the Heavies can fly. Just not as well as they could do, because they're wearing armour.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

It's been ages since I last (personaly) wrote up a battle sim. I think I'll change that.
I should have one done and uploaded sometime this week. :twilightsmile:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

Possible new faction coming soon(ish)
It will be called: The Twilight Regency.

Guardian
Group Admin

Remember my harlem shake thread a while back? Yeah, same reactions. :ajbemused:

Joking, it could be interesting. :twilightsmile:

I demand to know where you found that Luna emoticon :rainbowderp:

Fimfiction enhancements I think it's called :rainbowkiss: they weren't working though, since the layout change and all. Guess they are now! :pinkiehappy:

790758 can you send me a link to that page plzzzz :pinkiesmile:

I reinstalled the script to see if it worked, but it doesn't :ajsleepy: I'll link it anyway, but it doesn't work right now :applejackunsure:

here

Guardian
Group Admin

754303>>754307 I have a new special unit I created for the Empire of Man

Imperial Agents:
The most elite Human soldiers in the entire Empire, only the best Human soldiers can be selected to become Agents. Their training typically includes incredible marksmenship, intense martial arts, and even parkour. Less than ten percent of all Human soldiers are ever selected to become Agents, and even less that pass. Most Agents are commandos who carry out the most hazardous special and covert operations. However some of the best senior Agents can be selected to become international advisers/ambassadors, only around two percent are ever selected for this job.

(And yes, GP, Marcus Ramirez is an Imperial Agent.)

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

I think we're drifting into half-hero unit territory here. That's like me making a Royal Scout unit.

Guardian
Group Admin

814983 Uhh..... you are a Royal Scout.

Anyway, yeah, I guess I over powered them. I don't know, mabye they could be hero units, but rarely used (like one per battle). Or, I could find a way to reduce their power.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 212