Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

The Player: The Commonwealth
Units:
Combat Engineers: 6
Commonwealth Riflemen: 12
Commonwealth Machine gunners (new unit, check unit reference guide for more info): 2
Heroes: W.R.L
The Enemy: The Changeling Hive
Units:
Hatchlings: 2,000
Heroes: N/A
Battlefield: Instead of a written description, I have found a suitable map to use. You can see the map here, and use what it shows to plan your defense.

Your men are in an entrenched position. They have endured heavy fighting for the last two days, but they have successfully repelled all attacks. However, they have taken heavy casualties: Only about a third of your original force remains. The hospital is full of wounded men. Your supplies of food, water and ammunition are running low. Reinforcements (In the form of W.R.L) and supplies are on the way, but they have been slowed down by the weather and should arrive in 24 hours.
The changelings tend to attack in waves of about 200 to 300 units at regular hourly intervals. As they are all hatchlings, the only tactic they can understand is charging straight at the enemy position in the hopes of overrunning the defenses.
Objectives:
Primary objective: Hold out until reinforcements arrive.

Well, I guess I would make my engineers barricade and build walls all over the inner grounds outside the hospital. Then I'd dive the wounded a rifle and place them on the windows of the building.

Both machineguns on parallel walls of the hospital, one facing north to the wall and the other one facing bank and ditch. The rest of the riflemen on the barricades and trenches outside the hospital and let them come!

We would fight them off for as long as possible until the big guns get there, and once they do, I'd send the W.R.L.over to the store with a couple others to retrieve whatever food and ammo we might have left there.

And then we'd just play siege a little while longer. It's safer to hold the hill and face 200, 300 hatchlings once every hour than attack and face the whole army at once.

Either that or we'd make a run for it, come back later with a larger force.

Rorke's Drift? really?

498055 this is what the hospital looks like btw (I imagine they have the same two "gun ports" on the other side as well) not much angle of fire in close unfortunately...

Battle plan

The hospital is my "HQ" area as it is the most defensible. I would have both machine gunners up on the second floor, one facing north and the other facing south. these two would redeploy to either side as needed.

All wounded men capable of holding a rifle and firing will be when the attacks come, otherwise they are at rest to recover. Most of these men will be positioned along the windows. (it would be nice to know the number of wounded btw and all who are combat capable:twilightsmile:)

In between the raids, the engineers will re-stack the "outer" bags to disrupt the charge of the hatchlings and the "inner" bags (those that are between the posts, stairs, and "garage" (seriously, what else could that be called?) area so that the charge is disrupted again and (hopefully) allow the Commonwealth Riflemen to further cut them down before melee is achieved. also during the time between raids, the hatchling bodies will be stacked on the outside to further provide disruption and more time to cut them down. The able bodied soldiers will go to the store in between raids to grab what supplies are left (what little there was to begin with) and move them back to the hospital.

As for the stairs on the side, as soon as the gunners are up there with their equipment and supplies those stairs are being brought down to provide further defense along the windows (half covered so that the hatchlings have a harder time to get in if the outer guard are overwhelmed or are forced to fall inside) and a hole will be formed inside so supplies can be brought upstairs for them during the down time.

The plan is to hold the line until the W.R.L. arrives with backup and supplies so no suicide charges:twilightsmile:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

498104 I had more than a small part to play in this. It's been something I've been meaning to do for a while, but I let Chris post it instead.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

498127 Ok then, if I'm a liar, I guess I'll have to remove this thread then...

But I worked really hard on that plan!:raritydespair: all of five minutes, but still:twilightsheepish:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

498149 I'm joking, don't worry. :twilightsheepish:

:trollestia: I knew all along! I mean, why delete an obviously good battle sim unless you couldn't beat it:trollestia::twilightsmile::scootangel:

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Hypocrite... :applejackunsure:
---
Only hatchlings? And the Commonwealth, the faction I made? Okay!

All people will be in the hospital.

I will order the engineers to tear holes in the roof of the hospital to allow large open firing balconies of sorts. No air units to worry about anyways. The MG crews will be on this top floor. Normal convention would be facing North and South, but shouldn't be much trouble to reposition the MG if need be. It's literally just moving it across the floor and facing it the other way.

All able-bodied men will be issued a rifle and shoot out the windows. Use the sills as support. Better than dying to freaking eat-your-face-off creatures.

Engineers will guard the doors and large openings. Use those pickaxes and shovels.

In between waves, engineers will tear down the other structures such as the store and construct more fortifications such as spikes and fences to slow down or maybe even kill the hatchlings, as well as repair any damage done to defense structures.

ZERG RUSH!!!

And Bloodpool- you put in Commonwealth MGs instead of Sharpshooters? :fluttershysad:

me? a hypocrite? I'll have you know I have sarcasm detection software that allows me to act the total fool (or ass) with no fear of reprocussions:trollestia:

seriously though, why am i a hypocrite?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

I knew all along! I mean, why delete an obviously good battle sim unless you couldn't beat it

Uhh... Yeah, it has an objective, but...

And you even said

you're going to lose, no matter what

498807 :rainbowlaugh: I do believe that you got two threads mixed up. unless you were implying that bloodpool would delete my thread cause he couldn't beat it:ajbemused: I kinda made that obvious so if he didn't want to participate in that thread, then no harm no foul:twilightsmile:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

Now I am back I want to let you all know that I am in the process of making another thread and all am going to say about it know is that it will be for the lovers of stealth and strategy.

. 499267

So that's where my weed went F*****g bunnies !!! :twilightangry2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18