Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Guardian
Group Admin

historical battle simulation from me, modeled after the Battle of LZ X-Ray during the Battle of Ia Drang (look it up). It may not be entirely historically accurate, but I tried. Hope you like it! Use the Official Unit Reference Guide if you need to. Note: this is a defensive style simulation.

United Equestrian Empire vs. Changeling Hive

The Player: United Equestrian Empire

Units

Earth Ponies: 40

Unicorns: 30

Pegasi: 20

Royal Unicorn Guards: 9

Heroes: Shining Armor

Enemy Units

Changeling Drones: 60

Hatchling Swarms: 30

Changeling Warriors: 9

Heroes: Queen Chrysalis

Battlefield:

The battlefield is a very large, green valley. Your units are setup in the middle of the valley, which is mostly open field, but also contains pockets of trees and rocks. The trees can be knocked down and moved fairly easily. Some of the rocks can also be moved.

Several meters away, on the edge of the field, is a ridge made up of two large mountains. Behind your position is a dried creek bed that can be used as a miniature trench. There is also another ridge several meters away from the creek bed.

Finally, there is a Changeling hive dug underground in the hilltop of the right hand mountain on the ridge. The hive is guarded by Changeling Warriors and Queen Chrysalis herself. The Queen also has a good view of the battlefield from her vantage point.

Aside from the Queen and Warriors, the Changeling force is divided into three small ‘swarms’, each consisting of twenty Drones and ten Hatchling Swarms. Two of the ‘swarms’ are positioned at the base of each mountain of the forward ridge while the third is positioned at the ridge near the creek bed

Objectives: Hold your ground against the Changeling Swarms.

Your force is surrounded, but the numbers are even. Victory is not guaranteed, defender su posición, hermanos!

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Ooh, 'Nam. I'm on this one.

However:
>defensive style simulation
>Make way up to the hive and destroy it

??

Guardian
Group Admin

497858 Okay, mabye I should take that objective out. :twilightblush:

Guardian
Group Admin
The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

"LZ X-Ray"

"General's solution"

Now, if this was All Types of Rain, I'd just call for artillery/air support and bombard them with napalm/shells/strafing runs (...which, when I looked it up after I wrote this, was apparently done in the actual scenario).

But this isn't, so the ponies don't have that technology, and so...

Actual strategy

Command given: Hold (what else?)

If the force is surrounded (..."makes our job easier"...), we'll have to set up a perimeter in the creek bed.

All earth ponies are to split 3/1, with the larger numbers on the outer perimeter and the smaller force on the inside, to help take care of any Changelings that land inside.

The unicorns will take positions behind the outer earth pony line. Naturally, they will be on triple-A duty as well as anti-charge. They can also use shield spells to help repel attacks.

Pegasi will do their job of keeping the enemy at bay from the skies, but DO NOT advance far from the defensive position. If things get too hot down on the ground, I will allow 10 to come off of close air patrol duty and assist with the ground battle, unless the skies are too hot for that. Then they will stay and complete their mission in the air.

Shining will be there to rally his troops and the orders and etc. Because he is also a skilled warrior, he can traverse the perimeters to for moral support and fighting support as well. But not too far up front. Don't want him to die...right?

Guardian
Group Admin

498163 No, if he dies, game over. Good strategy, BTW. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6