The Dreamers 279 members · 490 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
bookplayer
Group Admin

This thread is for talking about fics you posted in here, fics you completed, or posting pony art, videos, or music that you feel belongs in the group. Feel free to respond to and discuss whatever is posted.

Keep everything you post safe for work, and warn for any links that aren't. And be respectful of other people's opinions.

Well, I added "Black & White" by Melionos. It is probably the first FiM fiction that really stuck with me to the point that my thoughts sometimes drift to certain parts of the story on occasion after a year of having read it as I found myself relating almost completely with Octavia. I really do recommend it.

Another thing that really stuck with me and it's my all time favorite PMV,

488619 I like the "Sail" one better :twilightblush:

I set out to write a didactic exploration on the nature of ethics in a utopia, in the time-tested form of fanfiction. [. . .] Interesting mostly for the character studies; the didactic part of the story was lost in the noise of fanservice.

Ask Scootaloo Pie (mirror) is an ask blog from the point of view of Scootaloo, who aids, lives with, and is and in love with the serial killer Miss Pinkamina. It's simply text, not images, so it isn't nearly as well known as it ought to be. It's science fiction, it's a bildungsroman, it's a supernatural romance, and it's beautiful and quite well thought out. Contains existentialism and branching and intersecting timelines.

“I just wanted to compliment your stuff because I actually don't know how I should feel about the characters. Uncomfortable, but empathetic. This is good ambiguity you're putting up here. So, uh, good job, and pony on.”

“Yay! That’s the feeling I’m aiming at; nothing about these characters should be black or white; they’re just bundles of desires that tend to conflict. “Evil” is something you label a desire opposed to yours that you don’t understand. “Selfless” is something you label a desire in line with yours that you don’t understand.”

A neat excerpt from the story:

“I, Celestia, do swear by my name to serve as, ehe, the agent of She of all order, imposed law, structure and knowledge, advancement, continuity, peace, friendship, solemnity, and Good in the world. I shall be the prosecution.”

“And I, Luna, do swear by my name to serve as the agent of She of all chaos, natural law, evolution and intuition, repetition, discontinuity, war, love, frivolity, and Truth in the world. I shall be the advocatus diabo—er, the defence.”

[. . .]

Celestia: “Ugh. That again? Listen, this is how these things are done. We… to use your favorite analogy, we’re tending this garden, to ensure it remains healthy.”

Luna: “Yes, yes, so your kind can walk through it and admire the topiaries. This garden was planted to bear fruit. You’re trimming the flowers!”

Also a fan-work of the Ask Pinkamena blog:

Here's a heartwarming PMV:

“Tonight” is a song by Aviators—like most of his works, its lyricism and musicianship aren’t masterful. What makes this song his only song that I particularly like—and I absolutely adore this song—is that, while it’s a dance anthem, it’s also about letting your hair down. It’s a song that compels you to jump up and dance, yet it’s a song you can sit back and trance out to. Aviators’s typical breathy, greatly emotional vocal delivery fits it perfectly.

Sub.Sound’s remix of The Living Tombstone and Dasha’s “Good Girl” makes the song not only incredibly danceable, but . . . hopeful. I can't believe how Sub.Sound does it with such gut-wrenching lyrics. Brings to mind that old phrase: “. . . which springs eternal in the human breast”, huh. . . .

Here are a couple pictures about dreaming of being where you aren’t: Lyra Knows

Man, look at Lyra's yearning expression. Look at Daydreaming’s grimy, junk-strewn backdrop. I bet she’d love to be on Earth; I bet he’d love to be in Equestria; I bet they'd each think the other is crazy.
The rap song that Daydreaming is the cover art of and the kid’s rad clothing and the trashy urbex environment all make for a really street-feeling piece. I wish I was street.

Here are a man’s recollections of some of his dreams. This pony, Safe Haven, seems to be watching over him, saving him from recurring nightmares he’s had for years. If you wish to see the threads in their entirety, you might head over to http://archive.heinessen.com/mlp/ (be aware that these are from 4chan's /mlp/ board).

What a great song; I thank AWOLNATION for making it. Each verse is nothing more than four lines, and that's all the song needs; it works perfectly. . . . This video’s more meaningful than the official music video, I think.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5