Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Which do I join, Philippine Army or People's Army?! Everytime I bring it up people ask the EXACT same question, which one. Now I know my differences (not really) I mean which one's better?

Neither. Both are shit. Join the French foreign legion.

I'd say the Philippine Army; the New People's Army will only get you a terrorist designation.

4774499 okay dude number one: Im a Filipino and I can't bother to get a French citizenship
number two: not to sound like a patriot but I think I'd be comfortable with my own countrymen, I don't know one f*ck about French (no offense)

That's not quite the point. True it is the French Foreign Legion, it's still the French Foreign Legion, if you understand. True it operates under French command, but it is made up largely if foreigners who wish to fight. It began mainly as a way to protect colonial interests, and to use minor criminals for some use, but it's evolved greatly since then. Today it's one of the best fighting forces around.

Also, you're not required to get French citizenship to join, just ensure you've got the spirit of the unit. Though if you're wounded, you can apply for immediate citizenship.

Now that being said, for your reasons being more national, then it is restricted to those domestic choices. I'd reiterate about the Filipino Army, the NPA are stubborn radicals from a lost time. Just don't expect the Army to be to the level of other nations like Australia or others in the area.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5