Borderlands Bronies 340 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

Alot of borderlands players are as confused by zer0's Identity as TF2 players are confused with the pyros Identity. So quick question, Who do you think is behind that mask?

I think we have all we need to know. He's a badass.

2388436 Gearbox has said on more than one occasion that Zer0 is supposed to be some kind of robot.

2390310 that can't be right all the other robots in the game don't feel pain besides claptrap and Mal, because claptraps were designed to feel pain and Mal had a malfunction that gave him emotions. So he can't be a robot

It's less of a concrete fact and more like a joke they keep perpetuating since nothing conclusive has been stated about who or what he is.
As for the pain argument, neither Claptrap nor Mal can actually feel pain. Claptrap flat out says he can't feel pain early on in BL2 and Mal's reaction to being damaged is likely not genuine since Hyperion Loaders will often say 'ouch' or other supposed exclamations of pain when in fact it's just a verbal response verifying that they have sustained damage.
The fact that Zer0 can come up with a haikus for being on fire, a situation where most of the other Vault Hunters would scream or grunt in pain, and recite it without showing any noticeable pain in his voice, while he is of course on fire, discredits the idea that he actually feels pain.

2390723 Yeah but he wears a suit that might take away enough heat damage to allow him to even Haiku

2391043>>2390723 My best guess is that Zer0 is some sort of alien that came to Pandora looking for a challenge. Other rumors that I have heard is that he may be a robot or if not a cyborg. The craziest of rumors I have ever heard of about his identity is that he is a Male Syren(sorry if I spelled that wrong).

2392374 if he was a male siren why wouldn't use the powers of one exactly? yep just bitch slapped that theory

2392392 Exactly what I though when I heard that theory! The dumb things people make up just to get an answer.:ajbemused: Any ways, as for your Pyro comment EXTREMLY strong evidence shows that he may be a homosexual male suffering from a mental illness (Pyroland explained), and even Beta concept art of how the Pyro was supposed to appear even shows this as well.

2392412 I'm guessing you watch game theory?

2392422 Heck yeah I do, I'm always up for the science behind the mysteries in gaming!:pinkiehappy:
Now if only Game Theory would do an episode on who or what Zer0 might be.

2392448 yeah or maybe they can do one on what mental illness the psychos have because I am really confused by what it is

2392467 All I know is that on Pandora everyone is down right loco in the coco.:unsuresweetie:

2392477 like me only sometimes I'm actually calm sometimes

2392480 I'm sort of a pyro maniac....... sorta.:twilightoops:

2392504 I see, so what makes you think that he's an alien? (zer0)

2392523 Well for one, he only has 3 fingers instead of 4 like a normal human, has strange armor and a strange katana that as of yet still have no known origin of where they came from, and also the fact of there being alien life in the Borderlands Universe.

2392572 the last one is a good point but the three fingers thing could be a genetic mutation and the sword is made with digistruct technology so It could have been made by tediore or some other country that uses that technology and the armour uses Emoticons and I don't think aliens have heard of those since we only find humans on pandora and the eridians while being on the planet, were guarding the first vault

2392613 And that's why the cyborg theory stands strongest on the debate on who/what Zer0 is.

2392631 Yeah because he does have a slim figure and yet he is able run so fast and is very agile.... from what I know so far I'd say he lost arms and legs (hopefully for him not above the knees) and was given robotic versions thus making him a cyborg, and then He donned the suit and helmet and became an assassin for hire

2392613 Just to chime in on this bit, the Guardians that appeared in the original Borderlands were left behind by the Eridians to guard the Vault that housed The Destroyer. Whether they were actually Eridians themselves or not is never clarified, though the statues in the Vault of The Warrior do seem to support this theory.

2394089 thank you for that piece of information

2392392 But, isn't decepti0n kinda like phasewalking, or is my memory just bad?

3651672 He's using a cloaking device and a hologram

2390310 My friend has told me multiple times that there is a hat in borderlands two that shows him being a robot, what's hilarious, is that the hat is called "n0n-cannon". xD

3653312 Uh... give me a minute...

*Three centuries later* Uh...

Australium? :twilightsheepish:

3653337 Don't you judge me! It's hard to do this... *Sniff sniff* :fluttershysad:

Are you doing the sympathy yet?

Good, good.:trollestia:

3653356 Yesh, all the sympathies.

3653398 Mate, I don't people sympathy, I give them bullets to the head... damn I gotta remember that one!

3653400 Oh... Well.. ESCAPE!

3653409 This has kinda dragged out a bit, and I don't wanna be spamming the thread, so I'm going to stop replying now, bai.

2388436 Let's just use the short version. Gearbox didn't want to tell us what Zer0 is, NOBODY in-game has any idea what's under that mask, and EVERYONE'S got a theory. Knowing the track record, we're wrong on all accounts so I just decided to wait for the dust to settle and for the haiku spewing ninja to leave.

... I lied *Diabolical face*

k, actually leaving now.

3653888 Your question makes no sense. So, explain it.

3653895 I'll simplify then. Nobody knows, some people care, I concluded we'll be wrong regardless, so I'll just wait for the next question mark to arrive.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46