GrimDark 2,183 members · 2,448 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Here's a simple question for you guys: Is there any haunted places near where you live?
The Rodgers Hotel of Waxahachie Texas

built back in the early 1910s (1912, I think), this place sits smack dab in the heart of downtown Waxahachie. I've been in it a few times and it definitely gave off the get the f:yay:k out vibe. There's been suicides, a girl who drowned, and a man clad in Old Western attire:moustache: who appears over people while they sleep

And water turning on, doors slamming, footsteps, lights flicking on and off, and piano music from a room with no piano... you know, the usual stuff

Hell, it even had a thing done on it by the Fort Worth Star Telegram

Waxahachie's also got a crapload of Victorian Era Homes still standing, and those places are high on the stay the fuck away from list just below abandoned prisons and any abandoned medical buildings

Thank god I'm not near haunted buildings:pinkiehappy:

Resterson Hill Mansion. It hasn't been inhabited for about 40 years, and the place has these huge fences with bared wire all around it. Freaky looking place. People say they see figures in the windows all the time.

The Lemp Mansion in St. Louis is famous for being haunted. It was the home of the Lemp family, who met their ruin during Prohibition. They had a brewing empire much like Augustus Bush (Budwieser) only they could not keep up with the changing times. The family is known for suicides, murders, and scandals.

Check out the history here: http://mobile.drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/10/haunted-beer-history-the-rise-fall-of-the-lemp-dynasty-st-louis-brewery-falstaff.html

I live in East Anglia. So I've got the Witchfinder-General and all the executions/burnings/dunkings he did in Essex. So although it's not buildings, it's just haunted areas.

Supposedly Fort Howard is but I have been there and never seen anything who knows though I'm sure plenty of people died here.

The Alamo is reportedly haunted? I think

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8