The Changeling Federation 452 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Magic Man
Group Contributor

Hi, everyone, this is mainly in relation to my fanfiction, Maternal Instinct, I need some help for Changeling names, both in the separate categories of regal and peasant/common.

Anyone got any ideas?

I also need a surname for Chrysalis' royal family, but it must have a Japanese hint to it, since in my story, the country is based off japan.

Chuckward
Group Contributor

Well they're bugs right? Queen Chrysalis is a bug themed name. Why not Danaus?

VariusMayhem
Group Contributor

My Changeling Princess and after the death of the queen new Changeling Queen is named Shiria. :rainbowdetermined2:

Chivalry
Group Contributor

So far, I have found and plan to use several names, sticking with the insect like theme:

Thysbe

Danaus

Celastrina

Gryllus

The list goes on...

Magic Man
Group Contributor

548677 548666>>548669 All sound like good suggestions, though I should point out that in my story, I'm not going with the flow with the whole fanon hive mind. In my story, they're individuals whose country and culture are based heavily on East Asia, mainly Japan. Still, those names do stand well with their insectoid appearance, though one must not forget that they are still at least PART equine.

Chuckward
Group Contributor

Danaus is the Monarch Butterfly.
Monarchy is absolute rule.
Bam! Royalty.

Chuckward
Group Contributor

So is Chrysalis but they didn't call her moonshine.

Of course, I named my changeling Bob Saget...

Chivalry
Group Contributor

... or someone who aspires to become an absolute ruler? A Usurper perhaps?

I refer you here if you're looking for some kind of origin. It is one of the many different concepts for their origin story.

Magic Man
Group Contributor

548702 That's one possible theory, but we are yet to be given any canon explanation, so we're mostly left to our own devices.

Chivalry
Group Contributor

Which is the best part!

Magic Man
Group Contributor

548714 Indeed. I have a few others you can use if you wish: Cerci, Pupa, Notumo (Notum), Cricka (Cricket). If you could check out Maternal Instinct some time if you wish, I'd really appreciate it.

For my part, lower caste Changelings are given insect body part names or related terms.
Example of characters in my story- Husk, Arista, Coxa, Thorax, Mandible

For command caste, more elegant names I've given.
Example of characters in my story- Amorpheus(combination of Morpheus- master of dreams and amorphous - shapeless), Echo (greek mythology) , Chitania(combination of Chitin and the fairy Goddess in Shakespeare called Titania.), Beezleba(beezlebub feminized.)

I love Changelings! You will love Changelings also! Amorpheus commands it! See my stories for more!

Hole Hearted"Click to Visit!"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12