The guild of equestrian railroaders 246 members · 131 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I know this is out of the blue, but this video was just posted on History in the Dark’s channel about the possibility of a surviving Pennsylvania Railroad 2-10-4 class J1a Texas type buried underground. Here’s the video below.

Personally I agree with Dark and my older brother on this subject. It’s virtually impossible for something like a huge 2-10-4 to be buried underground in the rail yard plus PRR scrapped many of their steamers with only a handful making into preservation, however, we are getting a new PRR T1 4-4-4-4 Duplex that is coming along very well. Yet the possibility of a J1a in the ground is well… absurd. Don’t get me wrong I would of love to see a surviving J1a in existence, but cause the lack of solid evidence or anyone going out to the spot where the locomotive is buried with a state of the art metal detector to see if there is even a locomotive underneath the ground in the NS Yard. Those people would need to get NS’ permission to scan and dig out the locomotive. Who knows what condition it’s in after being buried for decades even if it’s actually there. For now I’m not holding my breath on this theory as it had quite a lack of solid evidence to support the claim that there something buried in the yard.

Also NS yard personal by now would come out officially saying or seeing something in the ground like a sand dome of the 6433 or the doghouse of the tender. Perhaps with solid proof like pictures that weren’t altered by editing programs. Cause it’s pretty hard to miss something that huge like a locomotive.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1