Changelings Need Love Too 2,333 members · 1,541 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I started reading Dune Messiah, I'm a little bit in so no spoilers, but these guys caught my attention with how they treat their shapeshifting. The changelings in the show treat shapeshifting like a tool to be used while these guys change between faces, bodies, and sexes like you and I change expression.
I'm writing a sci-fi story and I had the idea that most changelings act like in the show but that there is this group, a sect perhaps that acts like the Bene Tleilax in this regard.

what your refering to is a Bene Tieilax 'face dancer' they ware but one of the many genetic creations of the Bene Tieilax, others include Ghoulas (resurected people that retain the muscle memory and skills of there former lives, but normaly not there personalities and active memories) they also produce all forms of synthetic body parts for those that can aford them, eyes, arms, legs, if your missing something they can replace it either wit ha vat grown copy, or a synthetic alternative

they are sadly the faction that is goten into the least in the original books, frank's son touches more on them in the prequel books but even then they are left a bit mysterious

So basically a Big Pharma version of the Changelings. I dig it, as a concept.

Yeah, I just started the book so I don't really know much but this idea stuck with me.

They're the setting's purveyors of biotechnological wonders and horrors. And they sell their specialty to other factions. More than that might be spoilers.

Oh, ok, I was more referencing the face-dancer mindset, where the only permanent part of their identity is their name.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7