Nightmare Moon! 255 members · 112 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
NightmareDash
Group Admin

Now that it's official, we ought to at least celebrate or something...

Nightmare Moon is coming back! Doo-dah, doo-dah

Nightmare Moon is coming back! This is frickin' sweet!

1888058 Or they might just be making it a Nightmare :fluttercry:

But if she does come back I hope they make it good :pinkiehappy:

NightmareDash
Group Admin

1888082 Very true. But if nothing else, they've either got to acknowledge Nightmarity and definitely establish the comic explanation with the Nightmare Forces as canon (unlikely) or otherwise explain what the NMM-Luna relationship is. The former would add a lot more depth to Rarity, which would be good, but either way we get to see Luna lash out at a world that wronged her, not just hear about it as history. If we see a real battle with NMM and Twilight, we'll also hopefully get Twilight realizing she can't defeat Nightmare Moon without killing Luna, which could possibly become the most dramatic moment in the history of MLP:FiM. Additional backstory and Luna's rage and angst are almost required to bring NMM back, based on what the video showed us, so I think I'll like the episode no matter how it turns out.

But, then again, I thought "Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" would be a good episode before it aired, too.

1888150 If they ever introduce Nightmare Rarity into the show I won't watch that episode. I despise that character so much that I never want to even read the comic it is in.

NightmareDash
Group Admin

1888163 Yeah, Rarity's the most spoiled and generally problem-free character of the Mane 6. She doesn't exactly have a good backstory reason to go Nightmare like Luna did. When I heard about the character, I really was hoping it would be Rarity turned evil but in control, and with some good reason for going evil, so that she could reconcile it with the rest of the Mane 6, Spike, Sweetie Belle, etc. But from what I've seen on the net, they basically just made the Nightmare Forces the embodiment of evil, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. That's what I loved about NMM: she was a bad guy, but she wasn't just evil for being evil or for fun, she felt wronged and wanted to be appreciated and respected. And the comic just completely screwed that up for me, so I reject it as canon until it gets reference in the show.

Hey... The fact she's back has to account for something right? Besides If I remember correctly I read somewhere that someone else will be assuming the mantle of Nightmare Moon, Someone very close to our heroes... WHO COULD IT BE :rainbowhuh:???

NightmareDash
Group Admin

1891516 My guesses:
1. Rainbow Dash (what's my username again?)
2. Fluttershy (just to see how that would work)
3. One of the CMC, preferably Scootaloo
4. Celestia (again, just to see how it would work)
5. Chrysalis (villain hybrid!)
6. Spike

What do you prefer?

Luna turning into Nightmare Moon on her own?

-Or-

A 'Nightmare Force' turning Luna into Nightmare Moon?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8