Twilight and Spike 965 members · 2,223 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hello friends! This threads purpose is to remedy the problem of having no active admin in this group.

Does anyone volunteer? We need a unanimous vote for the new admin, otherwise we will not receive assistance from fimficton staff.

If your thinking about volunteering, remember the responsibilities of a group admin that will be required of you.

I volunteer.

What are the responsibilities of a group admin if I may ask?

Well, I am from the different Twispike group but allow me to say as an Admin myself :) Basically as an admin you can:

- Change description on main page, banner and miniature, change folder order, manage stories in them (deleting them, moving them etc.) You can also set folders so that either: only admin, admin + contributors, admin+contributors+members can add stories to them (you can decide to which you want to set what). You can obviously ban people, make other people admins or contributors.

Basically, you get full rule over group. Comming from me, the responsibilities are little if you can organise your group well. I mean, people just post stories in the folders as they see fit. As an admin you can check if stuff got posted in correct order, sometimes move a story, at rare times ban someone from the group (I never had to do it for few years, I even had 3 year vacation from writing and fimfiction and now upon return, it took me like 1 day to organise stuff).

So all this admin stuff is fairly simple. Best is to have few trusted people to have an admin, because MLP is a great show, but there might be times when you simply lose interest. So to not leave the group unattended, its best if someone can work with it during your absence :) This is pretty much all that comes with being an admin :derpytongue2:

Optional things: You can make events on forum, but truth is, people themselves can do it, so you are just a sherif to keep peace I guess :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3