Equestria Daily Rejects 270 members · 307 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I just sent one of my new stories to EqD, but it got rejected. They never say why either, so I don't know what's wrong with it. :facehoof: It's called Derpy's Silver Lining, and it's about Derpy's past. A bit sad, but it has a good message in my opinion. Now it may just be some grammar mistakes, or something bigger, but anyone's free to read it and tell what's wrong. I'm an artist, so I can handle ANY criticism. :moustache: Besides, even if you don't want to read it to find mistakes, it's still free to read. I mean, if you like stories with Derpy and/or shedding a tear to a good read, then I recommend it! :derpytongue2:

Here's a link to the story for anyone who's interested:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/223726/derpys-silver-lining

3938474 First off, just message them back and they'll say why.

Second, almost nobody is EqD good.

You have to write like fucking Stephen King to get on there.

Well, all in all, I give a new Derpy fic to this group. Enjoy! :twilightblush:

Eh, I've seen EqD prereaders praise stories that were subpar at best, while rejecting stories for the most idiotic reasons (like Vinyl Scratch being out of character). It's not so much being good as it is fitting what the prereaders like.

Vinyl Scratch being out of character

That's something I never expected to ever read or hear.
Anyway, as Fabulous said, just message them to find out why, though getting in is ridiculously tough. In the end, it's all down to what the pre-readers like or want to have on the site. I've had one of my fics rejected there, so I know how disappointing it can feel when you wait for so long only to get a rejection. I'd recommend to keep trying to do the best you can while listening to useful advice and constructive criticism that comes your way as well. I wish you the best of luck on your future stories. :twilightsmile:

Thank you very much! :pinkiehappy:

Feel free to critique my works anytime!

3938601 You're welcome. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7