Followers of Discord 3,184 members · 2,752 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I don't know about you but it is hard to get enough of Discord and with only two episodes to enjoy him in. I find it is simply not enough. I took my search to Youtube, a place so random and chaotic that I am sure our overlord would approve. So here is are a few of the best clips I have found of Discord's father Q:

Party time
Fight night
Lifes lessons

And lastly a fill 10 min of Q fun:
Q wants a baby

That's awesome!

Gotta go rape my search engines tomorrow..

More you say? Well it just so happens that I have found the best one yet:
Q Vs Spock
Enjoy :pinkiehappy:

Oh my.. I don't even! Spock vs. Q?! And not only that..a true discord reference in it?! I can die happy now.
I mean.. look at 2:30! "You can do this and that and blablabla, spawn sugarred cotton candy, this and that.." :pinkiegasp:
..Q didn't spawn cotton-candy in any episode, did he? The date..it's too damn old! But..what? My mind, it hurts!
To be at least minimal-productive, here is the link to the full spectacle (only audio, sadly) and here is the old but classical EQD-Interview with our all favorized actor John de Lancie himself.

Edit:
here is something, of which I don't know why I actually watched it. It's kind acreepy, isn't it? But! de Lancie is making everything awesome, so skip to 3:00 for the delicious part.
Edit2:After hearing the complete spectacle, I know know that the cutton-candy wasn't related to Q. Stupid ears, y u no work correctly all the time?
Gotta filter my other links now, if your compilations got those scenes or not.

392674 I watched the interactive BORG thing the other day. Found it pretty boring other then de Lancie's parts. What I find fascinating is the differences between Q and Discord. Q after all is bound by laws and restrictions of the Q Continuum where as Discord pretty much has free range. Discord however is not Omnipotent and maybe that is why he is far more extreme in his actions - he cannot know how his actions effect things on the larger scale.

To be honest, i don't know if it's actually that far extremer to fuck physics at a local place, compared to travel through time as Q please it, rescuring whoever he wants, what definely has a huge influence to the way the things roll. (e.g. Enterprise destroyed/not destroyed)
I admit the fact that Discord can't know the full effects of his actions due to his unability to travel in time (every god with a little self-awareness should be able to do this nowadays :trollestia:). BUT perhaps he doens't care for them at all, standing in a contrast to Q here.
I don't know if you know the game Overlord (2) - To describe it in one sentence: You are a demon-lord, representant of pure evil and commander of a army of henchmen, being able to eighter kill everything you see (baby-seals included), or to conquer the human citys.
Now, transfering this to our shizophrenic de Lancie, Q would definely be a conquering one. He plays with his.. subjects, with Pikar, Data, the whole humanity!
While Discord..well, is Discord. He uses his abilities to manipulate the mortal beings, in a playfully way too, of course. But the point here is that he, given to his non-existent omnipotence, enjoys to use this to destruction way to much. He doesn't care that if all the ponies are gone (try to grow food with choclate-rain and 30 second-days, good luck) that there simply won't be any more of them. As a humanity-hater myself I can tell that this could be seen as some kind of happy-apocalypse. May his intentions are indeed to kill everything, to build up his own world, where he can be happy as the only god and the only being wandering HIS world. That would also push him way deeper in the villian-direction as it is needed for Discord than Q actually is and ever was.
So yea, John de Lancie is a shizophrenic god in human-form, unable to decide between destroy the humanity or to guide them :rainbowhuh:

Have another vid.

Discord and Q are clearly no where near omnipotent and have only shown solar system manipulation, which isn't impressive on the fictional food chain. Besides the same VA they don't really relate to each other, their personalities are different. First let's tackle Q.

Q is an ass. Though he's an ass for his own reasons. Although to guys like Picard he may seem like someone who is nothing but trouble, Q is actually quite helpful. For example, the Borg, he took the Enterprise to their location to give humanity prep time for a force that was already out there. Q has been shown to be emotionally moved and not be a complete dick, Data for example. Though his work may infuriate the Continuum, who only step in when it's about them and them only, Q is clearly doing the right thing. A tester of humanity and its future, not someone who takes enjoyment in others misfortune.

And then we have Discord, whom is a polar opposite. Discord has only cared about one thing only: himself. He just turns everything around and upside down for his own amusement. He crushes ponies and manipulates them so they won't get him to stop having fun. Though it's debatable why exactly he does this (whether for attention or otherwise) it's clear he doesn't help out the ponies in any way, unlike Q. He was going to spread this chaos all over the world so that it may be his to toy with. If all the ponies are gone then there will be no kingdom to rule over and no-one to toy with, there wouldn't be much of a point of anything.

TL;DR: Discord and Q are not alike and I don't see the comparison.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7