Followers of Discord 3,184 members · 2,752 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Here we go:

Goal:
To gather a group of Discord fans and let them do their thing: write a praise to our beloved abomination. To gather as many short (1-5K) solutions to a small problem presented in the governing prompt. They don’t have to be complex or deep, just a simple chaos-centric tale.

The prompt:
Ah, Discord, the draconequus of our hearts. In “Keep Calm and Flutter On”, the target of our affections promised to use his powers for good most of the time. So, surely he takes a little break from being an obedient good guy every once in awhile, right? How do you think he releases his chaotic tension?
Does he release a swarm of Parasprites on unsuspecting towns, only to set things right when he’s had enough? Or does he glide wistfully amongst the cotton-candy clouds of chocolate milk? An even better question is, how do you think Celestia feels about his down time?

Rules:

Must be a minimum of 1000 words in length, and up to 5000. There is room for error here, depending on the tale.
For added challenge, you must use at least one of Discord’s lines from any episode he’s been in--tastefully. Your individual story must have a unique title relating to the content of the tale.
There is no mandatory deadline! I will, however, set a priority deadline at some point for first submissions to FiMFic. This is supposed to be a fun, non-troublesome exercise. Just as soon as you are capable of getting a moment to spare.
Add jasontaylorblogs@yahoo.com to your GDoc Story so I can edit (if necessary) and link it here. Once that is finished, I will collect all the stories and post them as a unified collaborative effort on FiMFiction, entitled (WIP), with all links and credit in place.

If you're interested, leave a comment on the GDoc file with your FiMFic username. Or, if you have any suggestions for a Prompt Alteration, simply reply to this comment and I'll check back frequently.

I'd like to point out that not everyone who wants to participate has a gdocs account..so if you plan on posting a Fimfic version of the collection of shorts,,I'd like to have a crack at it...I would but i don't want to make a gdocs account just for that...

I'll try it, might not finish though, got too much going on.:twilightblush:

732836 Do you have a Youtube account? Because if so, it's the same thing. Anything run through Google can be used for a GDocs account. It's also the easiest way to upload, edit, and convert any type of text document, compared to e-mail and the FimFic format.

I'd rather not sign up for sometthing I'm only going to use once or twice...

735110 It's understandable. I had my reservations about it before, but when I joined the Collab Cage, I didn't have much of a choice. Now I actually prefer it over any other proof-reading medium. I'm sure we can find some other way. :twilightsmile:
I suppose one could simply e-mail me their document to proofread and convert... :unsuresweetie:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7