• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 7,309 Views, 12,705 Comments

Ynanhluutr - Imploding Colon



A newly transformed Rainbow Dash continues her flight east.

  • ...
44
 12,705
 7,309

PreviousChapters Next
A Little Late to the Party

“Aaaaaaagh!”

“Aaaaaaaiiieee!”

“Ohgoddessohgoddessohgoddess!”

“What the friggin' Hell is happening...?!”

“We're drowning! We're drowning!”

“Shut up! No we're not!”

“I can't believe it! We're in... in...”

“Hold onto somethang, Dubya-Cee! We're movin' somethin' fierce!”

“... … …!”

“Twilight! Rarity! Pinkie! Where are you guys?”

“Right here, Rainbow! And... and is Pinkie really—”

“Hold on, darlings! I do believe this creature is taking us somewhere.”

“Yeah? But where, Rarity? Can you sense—?”

“Just stay still! Things are about to get bumpy...”

“Heeheehee! Somebody needs a breath mint! Don'tcha, big fella? Awwwwww... what a soft, squishy uvula! Hey! How come I can't hug it?”

“Pinkie, please, now is not the time for—”

“A light! A light!”

“Look out!”

“Aaaaaaaaaaaa—”


Sp-Sp-Splooooosh! Rainbow Dash, Bard, Wildcard, and over thirty terrorized stallions were suddenly spat out of the mouth of the huge, scaly beast. Propelled by the force of Ultimo's tongue, the huge group flew through a wall of magic water. They came out the dry side with wet splatters, blinded by bright manalight.

Catching her breath, Rainbow Dash flapped her wings and stopped in mid-air. She caught the weight of Wildcard and Bard in her hooves, and soon both Desperadoes were flying right-side up along with her. The trio glanced down, as did the three spectres circling Rainbow.

“—aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!” Revan, Jeryn, and their collective henchstallions fell several feet—only to be caught in a floating sphere of telekinetic water. Their bodies jostled to a stop, gasped bubbles for breath—and then the ball of water popped like a balloon. “Aaaaiee!” TH-TH-THUD! The entire group of sopping wet thugs fell hard on the stone floor... right in the dead center of the Marine Auction House.

“Hello, Boss Jeryn,” spoke the head of the Council of Shoggoth. The aged stallion turned to look at the rest of the gasping, sputtering Syndicate. “And hello to you, Boss Revan of Rust, I presume.”

“Rrrrrnnngh!” Revan hopped up to his hooves, teetering slightly. He was covered from head to hoof with salt water and slimy saliva. “What is the meaning of this?! I demand to have an... answer...” His muzzle gaped open. Cold Stone and Jeryn looked up, and they too collectively whimpered.

Princess Camellia loomed above them, treading water gracefully in a levitating sphere. The monarch of Shoggoth was flanked by a group of bruised and angry-looking guards from the tombs. Several seaponies swam in the sphere around her.

All eyes—amphibious or otherwise—were locked on the sopping wet Syndicate. An entire ring of Shoggoth's finest peered down from the seats of the Marine Auction House.

“How nice of you to join us,” continued the head Council member. He paced across his balcony, his shadow stretching over the guilty party in the watery manalight. “Especially considering that you are—in fact—the center of this conversation. It would appear that both the Northern and Southern Hooves have a lot to answer for. The first and most immediate issue—naturally...” He glared down at the group. “...is why did you see it necessary to violently and illegally force your way into the forbidden Siren Sepulchers?!

“Most esteemed Council...” Jeryn stood up, shivering all over. “This is... is...” He smiled nervously. “This is all a severe misunderstanding! We were merely—Gaaaah!

Revan shoved him over and marched up to the balcony's edge, snarling. “Enough bullshit! I know what this is!” He pointed at Camellia. “It's a setup! It was always a setup! She instigated this, didn't she? From the very beginning! She orchestrated the collapse of the Northern Hoof in Rust with her telepathic antics!”

“Oh, did she, now?”

Revan flashed a look over to his right, and his ears folded.

Echo stood across the puddle-strewn floor of the Auction House. He stepped forward, slitted eyes narrowing on Rust. “Do you think Princess Camellia ordered all of those explosives... set plans to place charges across the city... and wrote documents proving the Syndicate's desire to assist the Southern Hoof's criminal seizure of royal Muddredge property?”

“You have no proof of such things!” Revan spat.

“What?” Theanim Mane stepped up, waving several documents in his hoof. “Aside from the photographic evidence of your organization's string of arson in Rust? Over two dozen lists of names that the Syndicate has willfully and purposefully exploited for the sake of furthering a criminal organization?”

“And—right now, as we speak—the Royal guards of Her Majesty Princess Camellia have come back from a thorough search conducted in the Southern Hoof's hold,” the head Council Member said. His eyebrow raised. “There appear to be over a hundred items located there—all of which perfectly match the description of numerous royal heirlooms that have mysteriously gone missing from the tombs over the last few decades...”

Cold Stone collapsed on his knees. Several other thugs dropped their weapons with pale expressions.

While several guards closed in, Theanim Mane looked at the group with a smug grin. “Curious... I wonder if today is the first time you've illegally entered the Royal Sepulchers.”

Jeryn gulped hard. “That's it! We're boned.

“Like Hell we are!” Revan stomped his hoof, frowning. “I came here on a matter of business only! All of these declarations are slanderous and absurd!” He grinned wickedly. “In fact, until I was thrown into this chamber like a stinkin' ragdoll, none of you idiots even knew I was around! So where do you get off claiming I had anything to do with the craziness going on down here?!”

Several wet splashes echoed from above.

Camellia smiled. She didn't even look as a group of seaponies leapt like dolphins through the water barrier and plunged inside. They landed in the floating ring of water—but they weren't alone. A dazed and dizzy stallion floated with them, his head protectively encased in a bubble of air. The seaponies gently lowered Remna onto the dry floor, where he landed on his knees, gasping and sputtering for air.

Revan blinked.

Looking up, Remna wheezed. He caught sight of Revan, then instantly frowned. “Grrrrr...!” He tossed his head back, dropping Bard's wet hat to the floor. “Him!” Remna pointed at the Boss of Rust. “He's the one! The no-good dirty psychopath who tossed me out into the ocean depths to drown to death!”

“... … ...” Revan slumped back on his haunches. “Well... shit.”

The audience filled with deep murmurs.

The Head Council Member glanced up at Camellia. They shared a glance... a knowing nod... and then the elder gazed once again upon the guilty party. “By the power invested in me by Her Royal Highness Princess Camellia—as well as the governing body of the Muddredge Council—I have no choice but to put you, Boss Revan and Boss Jeryn of the Northern and Southern Syndicate, under arrest. The charges include illegal trespassing on royal ground, theft and possession of royal artifacts, arson, murder, larceny...”

It literally took the Head Council Member over a minute to list all the charges, during which the jaws of the Syndicate members dropped lower and lower.

In the meantime, Theanim looked at Echo, then patted the sarosian's shoulder reassuringly. For once, Echo didn't shrug it off or roll his eyes. He stared in Revan's direction with a heated glare, his lungs expanding and retracting with righteous breaths.

Theanim Mane twirled about. He stared up... up... up... then finally caught sight of Rainbow and her friends. He smiled, then performed a tiny salute.

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath, nodding back as she hovered over the dramatic scene.

“Well... will ya fancy that?” Bard murmured.

“Yeah, I know, right?” Rainbow gulped. “Even after all the near-death crud we went through, sweet justice is totally worth—”

“That sopping wet dude brought my hat back!” Bard hollered. With a beaming grin, he dove down towards the Auction House to retrieve the article. “Yeeeeeeehaaa! Come to Poppa! I missed ya somethin' fierce!”

Wildcard rolled his goggled eyes. He smirked at Rainbow, shrugged, then dove after his buddy.

Rainbow blinked. Rarity and Twilight Sparkle floated closer. The three watched as the guards escorted Revan and Jeryn and the rest of the criminals off towards the lower levels.

“All things considered, that worked out quite marvelously,” Rarity said.

“Yeah, well...” Rainbow shuddered. “It almost didn't.”

“Rainbow Dash...” Twilight looked at the mare. “What were you even trying to do with your pendant a moment ago?”

Rainbow bit her lip.

The unicorn's brow furrowed. “If Camellia didn't send Ultimo to come save us... would you have found a way to get us out of there?”

“Uhm...” Rainbow fidgeted in midair, dripping from salt water and saliva. “I... uhm...”

“Hey! Hey hey hey! Girls! Look at what I can do!” And with a flash of fuchsia, Pinkie Pie shoved her upside-down skull through Rainbow's spine so that her head came “bursting” out of her chest, smiling up at the pegasus and her friends. “Boogaboogabooga! Heeheehee! 'In space, nopony can hear you party!'” She giggle-snorted. “So who invited all of the seaponies? I bet they'd like to party too! Hey! Ever wondered if seaponies eat themselves on Fridays? Cuz I always have! Heeheehee-snrkkkt!”

Rarity laughed, laughed, then sniffled. “You know what? I don't quite care anymore.” Wiping the tears from her muzzle, she leaned in and nuzzled-nuzzled Pinkie cheek to cheek. “Welcome back, Pinkie, darling!”

“Yes...” Twilight shuddered. With glossy eyes, she leaned in and hugged Pinkie from behind. Together, all three ghosts formed a floating cuddle ball in orbit of Rainbow Dash. “It's so good to have you back. You have no idea...”

“Hey! It's good to be back! Heck, it's good to have back! Uhm... speaking of which, does my rump look extra squishy to you all of the sudden? Salt water does that every time to my family's metabolism.”

“Heeheehee!”

“Heheheh... ohhhhh Pinkie...”

“Jeepers, girls! Why are you crying?”

“We're not crying... we pr-promise.”

“Pinkie Promise?”

“Yes. Yes, we Pinkie Promise...”

“Now and forever. Oh Celestia...

Rainbow gazed at them with a soft smile. She floated closer towards the group—until a twangy voice from below caused her to wince.

“Awwwww hell! He got barnacles on the dayum thang! Here, Dubya-Cee! Peck at 'em with yer beak!” Thwap! “Ow! Dang it!”

PreviousChapters Next